Slang Words

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I know each of our countries has slang words and I am always forced to learn some Australian slang words when talking to Tom (Boss Man) because he tosses some at me and then I often have to look them up, :th_thholysheep: so it brought me to wonder about slang words used within the Philippines, which brought me to Wikipedia on Cebuano in which I found that gays within the Philippines have their own language called Swardspeak so they can recognize each other. :o So do any of you know any slang words that us straight people should learn? Lets keep it clean please. :D

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

:th_thholysheep:th_banned1.gif1%20%28103%29.gif:o:D:bash::9436::yes::89: That's all I have to say on this subject!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
:th_thholysheep:th_banned1.gif1%20%28103%29.gif:o:D:bash::9436::89::89: That's all I have to say on this subject!
OK, not just for the straight people. :yes:

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
I know each of our countries has slang words and I am always forced to learn some Australian slang words when talking to Tom (Boss Man) because he tosses some at me and then I often have to look them up, :th_thholysheep: so it brought me to wonder about slang words used within the Philippines, which brought me to Wikipedia on Cebuano in which I found that gays within the Philippines have their own language called Swardspeak so they can recognize each other. :o So do any of you know any slang words that us straight people should learn? Lets keep it clean please. :D
Hmmm.......very interesting article called Swardspeak, for example: "GI Joe" for an American gay lover and the Tagalog word "Pok-pok" (like the sound of a hammer) converts over to Swardspeak Pocahontas as a male prostitute. In my own household, Judy in her fine moment would often times calls me (spelled phonetically) mun-yak for sex maniac, hy-yup for animal and whenever she spills something like coffee, she would shout out in rapid succession -- Pu........Te......Bayag! The first two words describes both female and male genitals.......this expression is apparently pretty common among the Filipinas. Ask your wife or girlfriend, they can explain further......he, he.I get no respect sometimes -- Jake Edited by Jake
Korrect spilling agin

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

It's already difficult enough to speak limited Tagalog let alone Cebuano or all of the slang words thrown around here and there even I don't know as a Fil/Am! Here are a few Tagalog slang words that I know of used often by your typical Filipino: POK-POK: hookersBILAS: brother or sister-in-lawUOTL: brother or sisterSYOTA: girlfriend or boyfriendERMAT: motherERPAT: fatherASKAL: mixed breed dog from the streetSOSI: high class, socialite