3 Months On

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

After some personal dramas and trauma I decided 3 months ago to 'get fit'. Started walking and bought a multi gym. 3 months on and there have been benefits. Lost weight, put on some muscle mass. Not intending to be The Hulk, just building strength and toning up...Anyway, up and out by 5am onto highway for a good hours plus brisk walking. Breakfast on return then a nap for 30 mins or so. In the early stages the shock to the system caused me to actually nap for 5 hours on one occassion!! Now, barely need a nap at all.In afternoon got on my gym. Initially the routine I set took me 3 and a half hours, now doing it in 2 and a half and gradually adding a little extra.So, after the first 3 months I can tell you I feel great. Bags of energy, not always feeling lifeless and down.Other benefits include meeting fellow walkers, joggers and cyclists in the morning. Having a banter with them and a few high 5's thrown in. It's great to hit the highway and feel the breeze in your face.One thing makes me smile to myself. Joy often accompanies me and it's amusing to see the ogling she gets from other blokes....understandable, she's beautiful.Well, have to move on, got a gym session to start.

softail
Posted
Posted

I to decided to something about my fitness. It has been great , my overall well being and outlook on life has changed dramatically. I have found some hiking trails in the woods near my house and I spend a little over an hour power hiking and come home a bucket of sweat. Later on I spend about an hour playing "tennis for one" on a brick wall up at the elementary school near me. This has made a big difference in my life, I have lost 30lbs and feeling a lot better about myself. It’s amazing how getting out of the chair and investing in myself can make such a difference in the quality of my life and I am sure that my wife’s life has changed for the better with her new husband as well.Doug

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Yeah Doug, it certainly perks you up.Have noticed since losing weight the buckets of sweat have reduced from 6 to a couple.