Are Filipinos Mean Drunks?

Travis
Posted
Posted

I read so many news stories where they get into knife fights bolo fights or shoot a friend or neighbor or relative over nothing but do it because they were drunk so it makes me wonder if that is the norm?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I don't find them any meaner than the red neck drunks back home. They just have different weapons. Here everyone carries a huge knife and almost everyone knows how to use it. They don't think of the consequences of using the knife when drunk and as my wife's cousin tells it, slicing through a man is as easy as slicing through a bunch of bananas.Then there are the more sophisticated types who bring a gun to the knife fight with even more dire consequences.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

In Australia it is evident and a fact that the Australian Aboriginals can not handle alcohol as other people do,generic thing or what ever so perhaps its the same for Filipinos?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

No. No, I don't think Filipinos are mean drunks but in my experiences some don't deal well with liquor.That level of violence is fairly rare in Philippines but when hacking's or shootings take place often times there is some kind of long standing grudge involved. I do think sometimes drinking can set it off it also makes a good excuse.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My fist trip to Philippines to visit a retired coworker he strongly advised me to avoid Filipinos who were drinking or drunk. And its good advise for anyone I've seen some stupid drunk expats too.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
My fist trip to Philippines to visit a retired coworker he strongly advised me to avoid Filipinos who were drinking or drunk. And its good advise for anyone I've seen some stupid drunk expats too.
Yes! Definitely the best good advice for all, while in the Philippines, weather it's a short or long visit! "Avoid Filipinos with or without their guns or machetes and or with or without foreigners who are heavily drinking or nearing being drunk"! Don't talk about sports, politics, religion and or who's got the smallest or biggest whatever! Yeah, paycheck! Edited by Art2ro

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Yes! Definitely the best good advice for all, while in the Philippines, weather it's a short or long visit! "Avoid Filipinos with or without their guns or machetes and or with or without foreigners who are heavily drinking or nearing being drunk"! Don't talk about sports, politics, religion and or who's got the smallest or biggest whatever! Yeah, paycheck!
Art! Hey buddy..... do you ever sing that great Sinatra song "My Way"? :yes:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Yes! Definitely the best good advice for all, while in the Philippines, weather it's a short or long visit! "Avoid Filipinos with or without their guns or machetes and or with or without foreigners who are heavily drinking or nearing being drunk"! Don't talk about sports, politics, religion and or who's got the smallest or biggest whatever! Yeah, paycheck!
Art! Hey buddy..... do you ever sing that great Sinatra song "My Way"? :yes:
th_thholysheep.gif Only in the privacy of our own home, never in clubs! whistling.gifI did it 'My Way"! Edited by Art2ro