Suicide,the Answer Is Blowing In The Wind

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I was wondering what others thought about suicide,is it the answer? Some will use the term "cowards way out" to justify their feelings on the matter.The dark side of life or what feels like it catches up to all of us at times and personally I feel that once one is gone then there's no more to concern ones mind so let it be,let it be!sad.gif

Candyman
Posted
Posted
I was wondering what others thought about suicide,is it the answer? Some will use the term "cowards way out" to justify their feelings on the matter.The dark side of life or what feels like it catches up to all of us at times and personally I feel that once one is gone then there's no more to concern ones mind so let it be,let it be!sad.gif
No, It is not the way out, and it is certainly not a "Cowards way out". On the contrary, it takes an enormous amount of guts to pull the pin like that. I have several mates that did suicide in the past, and one of them was extremely close to me, more like a brother. I still miss him to this day. It is a long story, and I will not bore anyone with it, but suffice to say here that it will be 29 years in September this year since he passed over, and it was his passing that was very instrumental, in me, myself, giving the grog away forever. So there has been one good thing that has come out of it.I have also been in the depths of depression at a couple of key points in my life, and very seriously thinking of ending it all. Three times in the space of about six weeks, about 16 or 17 years ago now, I was virtually on the brink of taking that irreversible step, when fate, (For the want of a better word), intervened. On all three occasions, I was visited by friends, who I was not expecting, but they showed up, right at the crucial moment. Divine intervention ? I don't know, but I do believe someone or something was looking out for me !Depression is like the weather. The rain never lasts for ever, the sun always shines one day ! The same with feeling down in the depths of despair, those days too, do not last forever !

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
No it is never the answer because of what it does to those who a person leaves behind. I have had friends do it and it still hurts whenever I think about them or something brings it to the front of my mind, no matter how much I try to set it aside, because I feel I failed them in some way and I know others who were close to them feel the same way. One of their wives killed themselves shortly after, so I know it had to devastate her and that hurt me too because maybe I was not there enough for her either. When a person does that their problems may be over, but then everyone who cared about them problems begin, and speaking from my own POV it hurts a lot all the time and I never got over them doing it and probably never will. This topic alone has made me very sad.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
No it is never the answer because of what it does to those who a person leaves behind. I have had friends do it and it still hurts whenever I think about them or something brings it to the front of my mind, no matter how much I try to set it aside, because I feel I failed them in some way and I know others who were close to them feel the same way. One of their wives killed themselves shortly after, so I know it had to devastate her and that hurt me too because maybe I was not there enough for her either. When a person does that their problems may be over, but then everyone who cared about them problems begin, and speaking from my own POV it hurts a lot all the time and I never got over them doing it and probably never will. This topic alone has made me very sad.
Why is it any different than say someone being killed in a car accident,the remaining party still have to go on with their lives.It comes down to choices and the choice should be accepted that the one who makes the choice is happy with that choice.To tell a short story,about 10 or so years ago I decide to end it all,took an overdose of what ever prescription medicines I could find but chickened out and called my self an ambulance before I died ,lol. (yes chicken), I remember waking up in hospital with my brothers waiting there,sick as I dont know what but eventually discharged.My brothers took me to my parents house for a cup of tea, cup of tea makes everything better my brother said,lol.Anyway dont even know what my story has to do with anything but at the end of the day if no future is foreseen in ones mind then why continue if in reality when one is dead,the dead feel no pain.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Why is it any different than say someone being killed in a car accident,the remaining party still have to go on with their lives.
Tom, it just is. When someone dies in an accident or of medical conditions, then we just seem to accept it that it is life and all that goes with it, but when someone commits suicide, we think to ourselves of the time we spoke on the phone or the time we spent with the person and were there any signs or things that should have tipped us off so we would have spent more time with them. I personally do not think there is ever a reason to commit suicide unless a person is very ill and in a lot of pain medically, so that they no longer can stand to suffer or do not wish to make their families suffer because of them, and because in that case everyone knows they would have eventually died anyway, but when a otherwise healthy person commits suicide, the thoughts of, what could I have done differently go through the heads of everyone who cared about them, and people who cared about them that they never even knew cared about them. In one of my friends case, I wish I would have known he was suffering inside, so maybe I could have pulled myself away from work more and spent more time with him. As Candyman said, maybe had I been there then maybe he would not have taken the final step. Divine intervention it might have been, but instead I and others are left with lack of answers as to what we could have done differently. As some of you may know, I suffer with some medical issues that at times cause me a tremendous amount of pain throughout my whole body, and I am allergic to almost all meds that might help to relieve the pains, so there was a time a while back when I was saving up meds to take in case I decided to end it, but luckily I have my wife and my love for her and not wishing to hurt her kept me going until they came out with a liquid form of one medicine that seems to relieve most of the pain. Maybe divine intervention that one doctor hit on one medicine that was in liquid form which got me to start researching others and found this one online and asked the doctor about it, and the rest is history. So anyone thinking about suicide is not alone, but IMHO should never follow through because the answer to their problems is out there somewhere and they just have to find it, and hopefully will with their friends and possibly families help.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Cold beer is the answer!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
th_thholysheep.gif A few warm balut down the hatch and a few ice cold bottles of San Miguel beer should do the trick of not thinking about suicide! If anyone is contemplating suicide, just open up to anyone on this or any other forum to get it out of your mind or go see a shrink ASAP! th_signs083.gif

sjp52
Posted
Posted

My son went through that faze. Later on he said to me I can,t believe I thought that way. He is happy now and enjoying life thank God. If he would have done it he would have taken my life too or at least the will to live.

• Like 1

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted
I've lost both my Mom(96) and only Brother(08) because of suicide. After my brother, I was feeling so sad, I couldn't work for a while. We were close and my life felt empty. Then I realized I had to become cynical to get over it. I was not responsible for any of the suicides, and it was not my decisions. Hence, I started focusing to live my life instead of thinking of the ones who passed. Of course, not a day goes by without me thinking about them, and whenever I'm in a church I light two candles. but I refused to let that make me unhappy for the rest of my life. I have the right to live my own life. The Filipinos are excellent on getting on with their lives. Eva's brother was ill and passed away last year. Next day life is back to normal again. I asked how they could just move on like that, and they said "What can we do? He's gone".
  • Like 1