No Shower When U Have A Cold ?

lou
Posted
Posted

Several locals have told me that they do not shower when they have a cold or are sick here. i asked them why is that? but they reply that they do not know, only that momma says that. Does anyone know why this is ? No showers for 3 days, yikes.

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
Several locals have told me that they do not shower when they have a cold or are sick here. i asked them why is that? but they reply that they do not know, only that momma says that. Does anyone know why this is ? No showers for 3 days, yikes.
No idea but it is tradition with many Filipino families I know. When asked, all they could tell me is that it was their tradition.My ex wife was horrified when I would shower when i was sick but 16 years in Australia has given her a different outlook on life.Regards; Jim

Travis
Posted
Posted
probably because most do not have hot water so they see the steam rising off the body when it is hit with a cold bucket bath & think it is removing the bodies heat. no bath for days phew is all I can say stinky