Skorean Convicted Of Raping Pinay Wife Commits Suicide: Police

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

SKorean convicted of raping Pinay wife commits suicide: policeI do not know if this fellow was guilty or not, or if he really committed suicide, but we all need to know that this can easily happen to any expat. Justice seems to be lacking when it comes to expats in the Philippines, and the word of almost any Filipino citizens will most likely be taken over our own. Treat your wife and her family fairly and be considerate when dealing with Filipinos. You can read the whole story, click the link below.http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/pinoy-migration...-suicide-police

TheMason
Posted
Posted (edited)
SKorean convicted of raping Pinay wife commits suicide: policeI do not know if this fellow was guilty or not, or if he really committed suicide, but we all need to know that this can easily happen to any expat. Justice seems to be lacking when it comes to expats in the Philippines, and the word of almost any Filipino citizens will most likely be taken over our own. Treat your wife and her family fairly and be considerate when dealing with Filipinos. You can read the whole story, click the link below.http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/pinoy-migration...-suicide-police
The man was convicted in a South Korean court, not a Filipino one. This case isn't an example of an expat getting raked over the coals in the Philippines.I know that foreigners get taken advantage of in the Philippines but I think the risk is overblown. I saw a post either here or another forum that stated that almost all cases of expats getting killed or in legal trouble had to do with business dealings, being rude/abusive to locals, or relationship/family problems. I agree with that sentiment.If you associate with decent women and families, don't compete against Filipinos economically, and don't lose your temper you'll be just fine here. Too many foreigners see the Philippines as a place they can live like a king and exploit and abuse those with less money than them. Those are the people that wind up deported, jailed, or dead. Edited by TheMason

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
The man was convicted in a South Korean court, not a Filipino one. This case isn't an example of an expat getting raked over the coals in the Philippines.I know that foreigners get taken advantage of in the Philippines but I think the risk is overblown. I saw a post either here or another forum that stated that almost all cases of expats getting killed or in legal trouble had to do with business dealings, being rude/abusive to locals, or relationship/family problems. I agree with that sentiment.If you associate with decent women and families, don't compete against Filipinos economically, and don't lose your temper you'll be just fine here. Too many foreigners see the Philippines as a place they can live like a king and exploit and abuse those with less money than them. Those are the people that wind up deported, jailed, or dead.
TheMason, Of course you are correct on this story and I guess I should have clarified my thoughts were as a warning even though that happened in S Korea. I see all too often, expats treat their Filipinas like slaves or toys, and I was trying to warn everyone, but I am sure my warning will fall on deaf ears because many people who do that, do not even realize what overall AH's they are.

TheMason
Posted
Posted
TheMason, Of course you are correct on this story and I guess I should have clarified my thoughts were as a warning even though that happened in S Korea. I see all too often, expats treat their Filipinas like slaves or toys, and I was trying to warn everyone, but I am sure my warning will fall on deaf ears because many people who do that, do not even realize what overall AH's they are.
Agreed. The AH's also don't realize that behavior that will get you in a verbal altercation or a small amount of trouble in the West will get you killed in the Philippines. On the positive side though, when they come to the Philippines and wind up dead, it has a cleansing effect on the gene pool.