Davao City New Abreeza Mall

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Not sure where to put this here, so please, the main cogs of this well oiled machine...please put it where you think it needs to go. I went to this new mall twice this last week. They are not finished, but did get a good burger at the TGIF, as well as a great three song dance number from all the employees, despite my annoyance due to being hungry from a just done work out and having to wait for the broadway review to finish. Review.It's a mall. If that's a wow to you, then it IS a good one, and once finished should be the best in Davao City, minus the grocery shopping.Robinsons inside was small...had hardly anything food wise and the location of the mall is not so great for some, but I found it easy to get to from the Metro Gym with a trike on Torres and very short Jeepney ride. They are revamping the SM mall across from my house, to keep up...so I don't see myself going there unless the new SM annex lacks a good hamburger. Well a quick review of the 5 malls I have been to here in Davao, from what I consider the best to the worst1- SM Best mix now of a few good fast food places and a grocery store that gets a few western items at times. Once the annex is done, and it gets a few western type place to stuff your face, it will still be the place to go. 2- AbreezaNew, cold and near more "other" things....with some good western places to eat. I can't provide a link (sorry Travis)...but I heard it will be having a taco bell. I never knew what was in the meat back in the states, so here I certainly would avoid one as badly as I did in the states. Of course I was in Arizona, and knew the great taco places to go, so taco bell...meh. 3- NCCCActually, this place could be 5th, if it wasn't in a good location for myself and near Matina Town Square, the place to enjoy yourself music wise. Sorry old sexpats, MTS is NOT not a whore paradise for your perverted minds, and you might need to wear a nice shirt. Actually, that's the best thing about the malls here...no old sexual predators walking around. This mall lacks any real restaurants, and the grocery area is usually always crowded. KFC at least now had Coke Zero.4- GiasanoHope I spelled that right, but not a bad mall. Big, a bit older...some fast food places. I heard it was the biggest, but size does not always matter, especially if it has herpes, and this mall is in need of some antibiotics. 5- Victoria PlazaWhile the 5th on my list, this place has Lisa's meats, is across from the immigration office and most items in here are cheaper then any other place. I use this place. Grocery shopping sucks, but a quick walk for me after a short trike ride from the metro gym. Old and dated. That sumes up a quick review for anybody thinking of Davao City and is into malls. I am not a big mall person, but I guess out here, like texting....malls are a big shet to others. In the states, as I mentioned, I shop at Walmart, Costco and Frys...and that usually takes care of any of my needs.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Not sure where to put this here, so please, the main cogs of this well oiled machine...please put it where you think it needs to go. I went to this new mall twice this last week. They are not finished, but did get a good burger at the TGIF, as well as a great three song dance number from all the employees, despite my annoyance due to being hungry from a just done work out and having to wait for the broadway review to finish. Review.It's a mall. If that's a wow to you, then it IS a good one, and once finished should be the best in Davao City, minus the grocery shopping.Robinsons inside was small...had hardly anything food wise and the location of the mall is not so great for some, but I found it easy to get to from the Metro Gym with a trike on Torres and very short Jeepney ride. They are revamping the SM mall across from my house, to keep up...so I don't see myself going there unless the new SM annex lacks a good hamburger. Well a quick review of the 5 malls I have been to here in Davao, from what I consider the best to the worst1- SM Best mix now of a few good fast food places and a grocery store that gets a few western items at times. Once the annex is done, and it gets a few western type place to stuff your face, it will still be the place to go. 2- AbreezaNew, cold and near more "other" things....with some good western places to eat. I can't provide a link (sorry Travis)...but I heard it will be having a taco bell. I never knew what was in the meat back in the states, so here I certainly would avoid one as badly as I did in the states. Of course I was in Arizona, and knew the great taco places to go, so taco bell...meh. 3- NCCCActually, this place could be 5th, if it wasn't in a good location for myself and near Matina Town Square, the place to enjoy yourself music wise. Sorry old sexpats, MTS is NOT not a whore paradise for your perverted minds, and you might need to wear a nice shirt. Actually, that's the best thing about the malls here...no old sexual predators walking around. This mall lacks any real restaurants, and the grocery area is usually always crowded. KFC at least now had Coke Zero.4- GiasanoHope I spelled that right, but not a bad mall. Big, a bit older...some fast food places. I heard it was the biggest, but size does not always matter, especially if it has herpes, and this mall is in need of some antibiotics. 5- Victoria PlazaWhile the 5th on my list, this place has Lisa's meats, is across from the immigration office and most items in here are cheaper then any other place. I use this place. Grocery shopping sucks, but a quick walk for me after a short trike ride from the metro gym. Old and dated. That sumes up a quick review for anybody thinking of Davao City and is into malls. I am not a big mall person, but I guess out here, like texting....malls are a big shet to others. In the states, as I mentioned, I shop at Walmart, Costco and Frys...and that usually takes care of any of my needs.
Are the shops fully tenanted in these malls?

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Abreeza, no. They are still in the stages, but it does have most of the places open. I did not see the taco bell, so I am guessing that has not been opened yet. But it is exactly like the Ayala Mall in Cebu minus the completed terraces. It's a nice mall....no doubt. It forced SM to do construction on a new annex, and for where I live (short walking distance)...that is a great thing for me on a personal level. One thing I miss in Cebu was Casa Verde, I would LOVE to have one down here, and in this new SM annex. It would kill business wise. :541:

Jake
Posted
Posted

Excellent field report Inspector! I've been reading more and more positive things about Davao.By the way, of all the malls you mentioned, which one has the best movie theater complex?And how much does a movie ticket costs these days?Respectfully -- Jake

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Jake, only been to SM for movies.120 pesos I believe....we are going to Abreeza tomorrow to see a flick, so will let you know about that price and theater. I heard one of the malls has some leather seats here...read it somewhere. Giasano? I will check later for you....need to shop now.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Cool, will finally get to see the place this coming December!

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Captain America this weekend..the G mall here has relining leather seats, so we will be there on Saturday, watching this in 3-D. Will post my review this weekend. :thats-funny:

Inspector
Posted
Posted

New review on Giasano Mall I must of confused this place with the dump in Tabunok out in Cebu when I wrote it had herpes....as I could of sworn I was here in Davao City. I was wrong...yes, I can be wrong. My bad. This place is GREAT. The mall is new, HUGE...I believe it has 30 levels...or was that 5? Anyway, ALL the stores were there, it was packed, near a LOT of colleges, so packed with eye candy (married guys, wear sunglasses and use the my eyes hurt excuse). Anyway, did not get to see the shopping for food area, but it was a clean mall with a LOT of stores. Did not see any "upscale" places to eat, the TGIF type places...but I can review the movie theater. IF you are in Davao, and want to see a flick, head to the top floor and to the 3-D booth...and pick out a seat for a reclining pair of love seats...yes, leather, soft and with a table a cup holder to the side. It was like being in Lee's condo...comfortable, cool and with a huge screen in surround. I was in heaven. I have seen a few old B movies in 3_D...when a teen...but nothing, NOTHING like the 3-D movie I watched. Not only was the movie great, the 3-D FX made this thing awesome. Price of admission was 300 pesos for this area...with popcorn and drinks I spent near 800 pesos for a GREAT movie in a viewing experience I have not had since my western living days. For those living in the USA, and thinking of buying a new TV...GET the 3-D...soon they will be having sporting events in 3D, and this is not your granpa's 3D...it blows the mind, boggles the senses and tingles the groin. So in summary, the G-MAll is a GREAT mall.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Once again Inspector, another excellent boots on the ground field report. For only about 7 bucks, watching a 3D movie, FX surround sound and leather seats is absolutely amazing! Next time we go out together, I'll be sure to leave a wet spot on the leather seats for ya....he, he. Jake