Big Motorcycle Price Comparisons

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Was advised a new bike shop here had a used Vulcan 1500, so off I went to look at it. Nice bike, but a dime a dozen in the states, especially Arizona. I asked the year, and it was either a 1987 or 1997....then asked the price. P 350,000...had to ask again to be sure I was being told the correct price. That's around 8,200 dollars for a bike that sells $2,000 for an 87, and $2,500 for a 97. These Japanese cruisers lose a LOT of value, in the states ...quick, being they aint Harleys (despite better rides and FAR more reliable...yeah, I rode a shovel head for almost 15 years so I know all about them). That got me to thinking...where can you get a BIG bike at a FAIR price. I realize all the taxes to ship a new one here, or newer...and you can double that, but really?...4 times the value of a bike that is either 14 or 24 years old? WTH? :th_thholysheep:Anyway...think somebody in CDO was interested, so I guess these things sell to somebody with too much money....cause no way in hell I would ever pay that, no matter how badly I miss riding.

gapotwo
Posted
Posted
Was advised a new bike shop here had a used Vulcan 1500, so off I went to look at it. Nice bike, but a dime a dozen in the states, especially Arizona. I asked the year, and it was either a 1987 or 1997....then asked the price. P 350,000...had to ask again to be sure I was being told the correct price. That's around 8,200 dollars for a bike that sells $2,000 for an 87, and $2,500 for a 97. These Japanese cruisers lose a LOT of value, in the states ...quick, being they aint Harleys (despite better rides and FAR more reliable...yeah, I rode a shovel head for almost 15 years so I know all about them). That got me to thinking...where can you get a BIG bike at a FAIR price. I realize all the taxes to ship a new one here, or newer...and you can double that, but really?...4 times the value of a bike that is either 14 or 24 years old? WTH? :th_thholysheep:Anyway...think somebody in CDO was interested, so I guess these things sell to somebody with too much money....cause no way in hell I would ever pay that, no matter how badly I miss riding.
From what im told. is that any scoot over 125cc. is considered a big bike and will cost dearly.they are not practical for a tricycle and are considered a luxury. back in the day in luzon i bought a HD.45 WLH.service trike and a BMW.R50/2 solo and they were cheap.i dont know how they come to pricing bikes nowadays but prices are ridiculous. and they wonder why more people buy HOT big bikes and pay for new papers in the grease market.they are everywhere so buyer beware.do your homework before buying. and check those serial numbers. ej.

piglett
Posted
Posted
From what im told. is that any scoot over 125cc. is considered a big bike and will cost dearly.they are not practical for a tricycle and are considered a luxury. back in the day in luzon i bought a HD.45 WLH.service trike and a BMW.R50/2 solo and they were cheap.i dont know how they come to pricing bikes nowadays but prices are ridiculous. and they wonder why more people buy HOT big bikes and pay for new papers in the grease market.they are everywhere so buyer beware.do your homework before buying. and check those serial numbers. ej.
i know they are on the small side for a kano but how about a new 155cc bike like what they use to make trikes?? those 125cc Hondas are a bit too small for me once i put my wife on the back. piglett