Citibank Global Transfers

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

If a person has a Citibank account in the US or possibly other countries as well, they can now transfer money into their Citibank account in the Philippines and other countries for free if they are a Citigold or Citi private banking customer, or for as little as $8 if you have a regular account. What really pisses me off is that it is free to Mexico or India but will cost me $8 for a transfer of no more than a $1000. Citibank Global Transfers

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Well, $8.00 isn't too much for the convenience of being able to do a U.S. bank to a P.I. bank on-line transfer! Unfortunately we're not a Citibank customer! Anyway, there aren't any Citibanks that I know of in our area or near where my relatives live. So, we'll probably just continue with the banks we have since they are more readily available and near by.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I just realized that $8.00 per $1,000 isn't a bargain at all, which seems more than other money remittance websites which I believe www.xoom.com is cheaper per $1,000 to send money overseas! Even my own U.S. on-line banking system charges a fee for using their on-line overseas money transfer and goes beyond making it a less simple process, because of a cellphone requirement in order to receive random access codes while only in the U.S. prior to transferring money on-line to an overseas account. I'll just stick with writing out my U.S. personal checks and deposit it into my local Philippine dollar account when I need to top off my account, therefore still have a "free banking" system!

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I can confirm that Kuya. We recently opened an account here at our local CitiBank in preparation for our move. (we have a CitiBank Phil branch not far from our new home). We were also told that there will be 0 ATM fees. When transferring large amounts I believe it was 8 bucks per transaction. I will double check.