Suspected Robbers Kill American Tourist In Angeles City

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Now this sure sounds interesting? Hmmm, Talking to a woman at 1:30am, 30 minutes later the guy is attacked? Lets see what you guys and gals here on the forum think happened with this story.http://globalnation....in-angeles-citySuspected robbers kill American tourist in Angeles CityANGELES City, Philippines—An American tourist was stabbed and killed by two men who barged into his apartment in Barangay (village) Balibago here on Thursday, police said. Chief Inspector Luisito Tan, commander of the police’s Station 4 here, said a 12-inch knife was still buried in the nape of William Lavareli, 68, when his body was discovered by neighbors. Two shorter knives were also stuck in his nape and right armpit. Tan said a belt bag that was usually worn by Lavareli was missing. He said a neighbor heard Lavareli talking to a woman at around 1:30 a.m. Some 30 minutes after the woman left, the neighbor heard a commotion inside Lavareli’s apartment. The neighbor peeped through the apartment’s kitchen window and saw two men beating up Lavareli, Tan said.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

My guess?Whore leaves at 1:30Whore complains to pimp at 1:40 that she did not get paidPimp beats and kills trick and takes his money at 2 amR.I.P.Remember, its only a guess, condolences to the family of the victim.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

My guess, he flashed too much cash either in the club or once he got the girl home, and got killed for it because he was worth more dead than alive. They did take his belt bag and it sure seems like a crime of passion because of him getting stabbed by three knives and not just one, so Dave might be correct, or a combination thereof.

Inspector
Posted
Posted

I'm going to go on a wild guess here.He was killed for money in a place that the only tourists are visiting for the cheap bar fines and young hookers.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

As usual,more questions created by the reporting.First,the body was discovered by neighbors but on the last line the neighbors peeped and seen him getting beat up.Did they wait until he was beat up and dead before discovering him,did nothing to help him?Says tourist but has neighbors and living in an apartment,most tourists stay in a hotel so I guess he was a long staying tourist. Girl could have been a girlfriend,ex boyfriend came over to teach him a lesson and may as well take the money as he wont need it.Another crime that never will be solved unless they find or know who the girl was. As for the belt bag also known as bum bag,they would have to be the dumbest idea I have ever known,why would anyone want to show where there money is or if they are carrying any?

Inspector
Posted
Posted
As usual,more questions created by the reporting.First,the body was discovered by neighbors but on the last line the neighbors peeped and seen him getting beat up.Did they wait until he was beat up and dead before discovering him,did nothing to help him?Says tourist but has neighbors and living in an apartment,most tourists stay in a hotel so I guess he was a long staying tourist. Girl could have been a girlfriend,ex boyfriend came over to teach him a lesson and may as well take the money as he wont need it.Another crime that never will be solved unless they find or know who the girl was. As for the belt bag also known as bum bag,they would have to be the dumbest idea I have ever known,why would anyone want to show where there money is or if they are carrying any?
Tom, this is why I NEVER read the news reports from any paper printed here....:dance:...and if I do, I simply do not give it ANY credence at all. Good points all the way around. I watched Captain America yesterday, and one scene he was "sneaking" into a Nazi camp...with his red, white and blue cardboard (at the time) shield hanging on his back..useless, but drawing attention when he wanted none. The money bag is quite silly and reminds me of this scene...if he was living in a apartment (you can rent them for 1-2 months for your vacation BTW)...you would think he would know to only carry what he needed, and in deep pockets...not a belt of cash. haha...yeah, silly. All you can asert...foreigner robbed by poor locals, in a red light district. Happens all over the world....you want to hang out in the bad areas of New York, you WILL get mugged at best, killed at worst.