Philippine Mango Unnatural Condiments.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

This is just a wrong and unnatural pairing… one that your wife is sure to hate. Try it and see what you think.One ripe Cebu or Mindanao sliced into sections. Generous amount of good quality sea salt and as much cayenne pepper as you can stand. Generous amounts of cold san miguel pilsen back-up. Repeat as necessary.

Bundy
Posted
Posted
This is just a wrong and unnatural pairing… one that your wife is sure to hate. Try it and see what you think. One ripe Cebu or Mindanao sliced into sections. Generous amount of good quality sea salt and as much cayenne pepper as you can stand. Generous amounts of cold san miguel pilsen back-up. Repeat as necessary.
Ooooh, sends a shiver down my spine! I don't know what's worse, the above or green mango with salt.Why do they insist on doing these things with what is already a GREAT tasting fruit? We have very nice Mangos here in QLD but when i find one of those beautiful sweet and juicy Philippine Mangos, it's as good as it gets. BTW, at the moment here in Oz, 1 mango is $5.50! and bananas are an unbelieveable $ 18.00 kg!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

MY GOD!$!$!$!$!$!We can get truly fresh ripe Manila Mango's here on the West Coast US for under a dollar if you shop around.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
MY GOD!$!$!$!$!$!We can get truly fresh ripe Manila Mango's here on the West Coast US for under a dollar if you shop around.
I maybe an aberration as I also love the green pickled mango salad stuff!

Bundy
Posted
Posted

What's really annoying is that though the prices for fresh fruit and veg here are through the roof, the farmer doesn't get any benefit. Bananas being one exception but i'll guarantee that banana farmers actually pray for cyclones!

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Have tried it and my face went as green as the mango.................Yeeeeeeeeeuk!

Jake
Posted
Posted
Hey Dan, Are you sure you're not a Filipino? During her first pregnancy, my wife Judy sent me out on a "mission from god" that I must come back with green mangos and a fresh strawberrypie from Marie Calendars. The sliced green mangos are dipped in fish sauce (preferablyshrimp type and not the raunchy fish guts) as she wiggles her butt with delight. The wholehouse is permeated with that "smell" for hours. But I must admit, chasing all that with some cold San Magoo is the only way to go. Problemis that I'm chased out of the house whenever I let go of a "good one".....he, he. I get no respect sometimes -- Jake