Rain Gear

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Well, it has not rained here in Davao City in almost a week. I don't recall that ever happening as I always am trying to avoid huge floods around ecoland near the SM mall, and being I walk my dog 1 hour every single morning at 5 AM (in care anybody wants to wack me, I am on a routine), I am always dealing with puddles. I was always getting my feet soaked. Many times I would walk the bulldog as it was pouring buckets, as he has to piss and crap, and I know I need to walk as soon as I get up, or it won't happen when the sun is shining high or I gain my senses. He sort of looks at me like, "you ARE kidding...right?"....until he is walking down the street getting drenched thinking to himself, "maybe I'll wack the bastard". Anyway, being a long distance motorcycle rider (biker) from the US, I shipped down ALL my gear, from helmets to leathers...gloves, all of it (aside from my heated Gerber clothing of course). With this is of course the rain gear, lightweight pants and jacket, all puffy with the hood. Problem was, my feet. I have the pullover snow shoes, but they have no grip and rain always seemed to get in there...far better for snow and slush on some boots...not sneakers. Anyway, I finally found the answer to this problem, and if anybody who walks in the rain, too far to carry an umbrella (hard to do with a 35 kg pitbull)...try these things. newba418239_9694_jb1.jpg I bought a pair back in the states, and have used it a few times out here. You can literally walk from sand INTO the ocean, or pool and they drain out on the sides.

A quick-drying versatile shoe/sandal hybrid featuring the H2Flow™ drainage system that is ready for all types of water environments. Features a razor siping and hydrohesion rubber outsole, C-CAP® compression-molded EVA midsole, and a quick-pull lacing system.
They are also light weight, and I can dunk a basketball (nerf, with basket below my chin)...I got a pair for the GF, and she wears them every day as they are VERY comfortable. The dog, he's not so happy about them as he is still being dragged into typhoons to walk for an hour, now I await for the rain to come....but these things are the real deal. They DO have them in the Philippines, in case anybody who resides here is interested...but not cheap. If anybody wants a pair, next shipment I send them down here in my b-box (in 2 months) provided they pass the x-ray scan and you send me the cash, I can order you a pair. I can vouch for New Balance, I have a size 14 (13 is tight) and a wide foot 4E, so I basically HAVE to get this company as they seem to be the only brand with big foot sizes. They also dry quick, and still look new. :89:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

What is the model name? I take a size 14 running shoe so I would have to try on before buying. New Balance are known to run big. Thanks.

Inspector
Posted
Posted

SM921

MikeB
Posted
Posted
SM921
Thanks I'll look for it.