Marco Polo Cebu Receives 5-star Accreditation

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?Artic...bCategoryId=108Marco Polo receives 5-star accreditation By Rhia de Pablo Updated January 24, 2009 12:00 AM Marco Polo Plaza general manager Hans Hauri said that they are the only hotel in Cebu City that received the deluxe class hotel accreditation.

Markham
Posted
Posted
Marco Polo Plaza general manager Hans Hauri said that they are the only hotel in Cebu City that received the deluxe class hotel accreditation.
I am not terribly surprised, I know Hans personally and know how hard he works - often longer hours per day than any of his employees. However had I been an adjudicator, I would have knocked-off his 5th star due to the appauling level of service we received at New Year - the only complaint I have felt the need to make in over 2 years eating and drinking there a couple of times a month.Mark

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

From what I have seen of Cebu hotels, which admittedly is not a lot, it is very good. However, the thing that stands out is their buffet. Plantation Bay has nice surroundings but the food is aweful by comparison and very expensive.MP is my only recommendation for Cebu.

• 2 months later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I picked up a rate sheet while there last night to enjoy the buffet.Rooms start at p5200 for a single p5200 for a double with mountain view and p6000 for single and p6700 for double for grand deluxe sea view.Then they have Continental Club Mountain View p7200 and P8200 with the sea view at p7500 and p8500and then suites Junior p9200 executive p14700 and the Marco Polo Suite at p30,000. Wow, I wonder what a person gets for P30,000. I am sure that I will never find out because that is Mahal kaayo to us. I think it should be a pretty nice place to stay judging by the lobby and the buffet but I have never seen the rooms and probably never will because we own a condo here. Hey, maybe I can sucker one of our visitors to stay there and then I can get to see one of the rooms. :23_11_60[2]: 2245_safe.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I picked up a rate sheet while there last night to enjoy the buffet.Rooms start at p5200 for a single p5200 for a double with mountain view and p6000 for single and p6700 for double for grand deluxe sea view.Then they have Continental Club Mountain View p7200 and P8200 with the sea view at p7500 and p8500and then suites Junior p9200 executive p14700 and the Marco Polo Suite at p30,000. Wow, I wonder what a person gets for P30,000. I am sure that I will never find out because that is Mahal kaayo to us. I think it should be a pretty nice place to stay judging by the lobby and the buffet but I have never seen the rooms and probably never will because we own a condo here. Hey, maybe I can sucker one of our visitors to stay there and then I can get to see one of the rooms. :23_11_60[2]: 2245_safe.gif
I will volunteer to stay there for you Lee,please send cheque for airfare SugarwareZ-005.gif

Markham
Posted
Posted
Those are the published High Season rates. But you can get rooms a lot cheaper than that. I know someone who stayed there for 4,000 a night at the start of the High Season.I have seen one of the standard mountain view rooms there: very nice and everything you'd expect from a five-star establishment.(One of the) Korean Airlines and Philippine Airlines have block bookings at the hotel to accommodate their flight crews.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Marco Polo is overall a better quality hotel than Waterfront Cebu City. Over the past three years Waterfront Cebu City rooms show a lot of wear and tear. Waterfront has more things to do inside the hotel and is somewhat more centrally located.The buffet food quality is higher at Marco Polo; Waterfront has a significantly larger selection. I like the pool at Marco Polo but if you have children Waterfront maybe a better choice.I got water view rooms at both hotels last year for ~$75.00 a night with breakfast buffet. Good value IMO.

Markham
Posted
Posted
Marco Polo is overall a better quality hotel than Waterfront Cebu City. Over the past three years Waterfront Cebu City rooms show a lot of wear and tear. Waterfront has more things to do inside the hotel and is somewhat more centrally located.The buffet food quality is higher at Marco Polo; Waterfront has a significantly larger selection. I like the pool at Marco Polo but if you have children Waterfront maybe a better choice.I got water view rooms at both hotels last year for ~$75.00 a night with breakfast buffet. Good value IMO.
I know someone - a Filipino - who won a competition and got an all-expenses paid free weekend at the Waterfront. During his stay, he took a bar of chocolate from the mini-bar and went to a lounge and sat down with a cup of coffee. As he was drinking his coffee, he opened the chocolate bar wrapper and began to eat it. One of the wait staff then told him he would be charged 300 Pesos "corkage" and although he explained where he obtained it, they refused to remove the charge from his bill.

• 10 months later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Anyone else stay there recently that could update us on this hotel?