roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Anyone had experience of Baguio?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Hey RoyThis was asked not long ago and there is hardly any info here or members that have experience in that area, just type in Baguio into the search box and you will find a small amount of info but some posts with no replies.

Travis
Posted
Posted
Baguio is cheaper cooler & has less sexpats

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Baguio is cheaper cooler & has less sexpats
compared to what?

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

i was in Baguio my first trip to the Philippines and i loved it there hotels are average priced the same as everywhere allot cooler climate especially at night time !!! mines view park was great !!! i would recommend going there at least one time !!!

omnivorism
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was the one who asked in the other thread. Someone was supossed to respond after their trip there, but they never posted any follow up. I have never been there or the Philippines at all (yet), but I have done a lot of research on it, because it is the area I am most interested in (much of this has to do with the cooler weather, but also other things.) I read what I could find and also talked to a few filipinas who lived there. I can tell you what I found or was at least told. Medium sized city (500,000 if memory serves me?)50-80F year round. But I think it gets hit by the typhoon rains kinda heavy."Progressive city". Fair amount of foreigners.Was told internet and power is pretty good/limited brown outs.A whole lot of local cheap produce/good local markets.High fluency of English due to tourism.Lots of tourist sometimesLocal schools that teach English that Koreans come to learn at.There are lots of other local college students.There are decent local restaurants partially thanks to tourismCost of living isnt too bad.Really bad slum areas and some of the darker sides of poverty are not as prevalent as some bigger cities.It is relatively safe, but can still be dangerousI am told is is a "clean" city.I have also read the pollution is bad in the most urban areas. I think meaning air quality.Also, apparently much of the marijuana of the nation comes from this area. haha.

Edited by omnivorism

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replies...very helpful....cheers