Flip-Flop Feet

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Why wearing flip flops might not be the best idea, and something people with a foot fetish might wish to pay attention to 1%20(60).gif especially in the Philippines. I usually wear shoes in the streets, but flip flop type slippers around the house, what do you wear, or maybe I should say, what will you wear after reading this? :541: How to Defeat Foot Cooties and Flaunt Sexy Toes "When walking on the street in something like a flip-flop, you are exposing your foot to vomitus, human waste, dog feces, sputum expectorated by people -- some of whom may have microbacteria -- and a wide variety of other things like food or liquids that have been brewing in the hot sun," says Philip Tierno, Ph.D., director of clinical microbiology and immunology at New York University Langone Medical Center and author of "Secret Life of Germs."The kind of cooties you find on city streets, he says, include norovirus (that scourge of cruise ship passengers), staph aureus, types of strep, E. coli and drug-resistant superbugs like Pseudomonas, Klebsiella pneumonia and MRSA. "The summer heat," he adds, "acts like an incubator."If your feet have cuts or open blisters, you may unknowingly be laying out a welcome mat to the viruses and bacteria stuck to the street. But even if you're abrasion-free, you can transfer all of that nasty stuff the moment you handle your flip-flops when you slip them off or drop them in your bag to change into heels.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Kuya, are you trying to ruin the national sport of the Philippines???????? You Heartless *****, with out flip-flops there would be no Basket Ball

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Philip Tierno, Ph.D. is probably trying to get a research grant to study bacterias and viruses found in New York City streets and its effect on people with exposed feet. The award would be $1.5 million a year with a report due in 3 years. Typically, the initial report is inconclusive requiring an additional 3 years of research funding. The way to get the money is to use the correct buzz words to scare everyone. Phillip Tieno included, "norovirus, staph aureus, types of strep, E. coli and drug-resistant superbugs like Pseudomonas, Klebsiella pneumonia and MRSA." At least Filipino doctors are more honest. I once came down with something in Manila and the doctor said, "It is a non-descriptive virus."

Jake
Posted
Posted
Kuya, are you trying to ruin the national sport of the Philippines???????? You Heartless *****, with out flip-flops there would be no Basket Ball
Oh yeah.....the national sport of the Philippines which can be played anywhere,especially on busy streets....he, he.

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
Why wearing flip flops might not be the best idea, and something people with a foot fetish might wish to pay attention to 1%20(60).gif especially in the Philippines. I usually wear shoes in the streets, but flip flop type slippers around the house, what do you wear, or maybe I should say, what will you wear after reading this? :541: How to Defeat Foot Cooties and Flaunt Sexy Toes "When walking on the street in something like a flip-flop, you are exposing your foot to vomitus, human waste, dog feces, sputum expectorated by people -- some of whom may have microbacteria -- and a wide variety of other things like food or liquids that have been brewing in the hot sun," says Philip Tierno, Ph.D., director of clinical microbiology and immunology at New York University Langone Medical Center and author of "Secret Life of Germs." The kind of cooties you find on city streets, he says, include norovirus (that scourge of cruise ship passengers), staph aureus, types of strep, E. coli and drug-resistant superbugs like Pseudomonas, Klebsiella pneumonia and MRSA. "The summer heat," he adds, "acts like an incubator." If your feet have cuts or open blisters, you may unknowingly be laying out a welcome mat to the viruses and bacteria stuck to the street. But even if you're abrasion-free, you can transfer all of that nasty stuff the moment you handle your flip-flops when you slip them off or drop them in your bag to change into heels.
Thanks Kuya, really important to consider during flood season. The bio-hazards in that brown water will invade your body even through the slightest skin rash or scratch. Another eye opener is this link from MSNBC news: http://www.msnbc.msn...shopping-carts/ regarding typical shopping carts having evidence of "fecal matter". Respectfully -- Jake Edited by Jake
sentence structure

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
But even if you're abrasion-free, you can transfer all of that nasty stuff the moment you handle your flip-flops when you slip them off or drop them in your bag to change into heels.
​So whats the difference when you handle your covered shoes,they still walked the same path. :541:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
So whats the difference when you handle your covered shoes,they still walked the same path.
Its times like this I remember how good I have it in the Philippines. What? Me touch my dirty shoes? Don't be silly, my wife unlaces them and removes them from my feet and gives them to the maid to clean. It may be decadent but its not exaggerated. :541: :unsure:

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
But even if you're abrasion-free, you can transfer all of that nasty stuff the moment you handle your flip-flops when you slip them off or drop them in your bag to change into heels.
Wouldn't that also happen as you remove any shoe that has trodden in the same stuff? In any case, I have been wearing thongs, otherwise known as Flip Flops or slippers, all my life. That is nearly 50 years. No problems so far!!! In Australia, I only wear shoes for work, special occasions or cold days. In the Philippines, if I have to wear shoes, I don't want to go. I will make exceptions for weddings and other special occasions. I used to also go around in bare feet a lot too! My feet have gone soft now but I used to be able to walk over broken glass and when I was smoking, I would drop the cigarette but on the ground and put it out with my bare foot. Regards: Jim