Just Curious.peso Bills

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Question for those living or visited the Philippines recently.How wide spread is the use of the new currency as in peso notes/bills,is it seen and used always or are the old notes still in circulation?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I haven't even seen a new one yet although I have seen pics and talked to others that have seen them.. I am told they are being issued by banks in Manila and gradually trickling down to the provinces.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I was surprised when one of my brother in laws pulled out some new bills while we were out in the provinces of Mindanao back in April, when I had not even seen any yet in Cebu City. My wife and I then went to a couple of banks in CDO and they said they did not have any, so upon our return to Cebu we went to Citibank, and they said they did not have any of the new bills at all, which translated to me that I was not a good enough customer for them to give any to us, then we went to BPI and the manager offered us a couple of each because she claimed all they got was a small amount of them and she would only give samples to good customers, so we could have some. Of course this way back in April and May before we left, so I believe Dave's assessment is probably accurate, since the capital is Manila and they seem to get everything first, yet it seems other banks must get at least some for them to make their way all the way down into Bukidnon into my brother in laws hands.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I was surprised when one of my brother in laws pulled out some new bills while we were out in the provinces of Mindanao back in April, when I had not even seen any yet in Cebu City. My wife and I then went to a couple of banks in CDO and they said they did not have any, so upon our return to Cebu we went to Citibank, and they said they did not have any of the new bills at all, which translated to me that I was not a good enough customer for them to give any to us, then we went to BPI and the manager offered us a couple of each because she claimed all they got was a small amount of them and she would only give samples to good customers, so we could have some. Of course this way back in April and May before we left, so I believe Dave's assessment is probably accurate, since the capital is Manila and they seem to get everything first, yet it seems other banks must get at least some for them to make their way all the way down into Bukidnon into my brother in laws hands.
Is that the brother in law that you told me was a printer by trade :1927_:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Is that the brother in law that you told me was a printer by trade :1927_:
lol, no unfortunately he is but a farmer, so where the heck he got the new bill is still a mystery to me. The new bills are neat, I would bet they are already being counterfeited, but will be much harder to duplicate IMHO than the old bills.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I recently got 2 20's that are the new type. The rest of them have been still the old ones. God Bless...Steve

United Army
Posted
Posted

I recently got some new 20's at the airport in Manila last month, and before that some new bills from Bank of Commerce in Cebu. I hope they come out with more of this new money soon. I recently got a pack of 50's and 100's from BPI here in Cebu, later I noticed it has a bad smell, it was mildew. So I had to wash all this money with soap, then rinsed it and would you believe, I even hung it out outside to dry....no joke!!! and no, I did not iron it......

• Like 1