Washing Machine

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

Anybody have good luck with the local washing machines? Anyone recommend a brand? Place to buy?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I find the locally available washer spin dryers to be adequate although everyone I know who has used one has reported that they break inside a couple years. Its probably more economical to take your laundry to a service or have someone hand wash it, unless you count the ruined clothes caused by some amateur washing your reds and whites together. Bottom line, all the under 10K Peso machines seem the same to me and I don't know anyone who has purchased the more expensive kind.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

We use a cheap plastic one and we are not happy with it, but only because the clothes come out wet. They have since come out with the one Dave mentioned that can spin the clothes after the wash to get the extra water out of them, so that might be better, but IMO a real metal washing machine would be the way to go if a person has enough room for one. Most people we know have someone hand wash for them, so I only know of one person with a metal machine and he lives in Manila and is very happy with it and says it works just like the ones we have in the US.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

We have a Fisher & Paykel brand name programmable top toading washing machine and it isn’t cheap at P42,000, it’s now 9 yrs old and it still works great, we got our money‘s worth out of our washing machine and it‘s still working fine! We bought it at SM mall in Sta. Rosa, Laguna! We have built-in washer and dryer hookups/water drains in our home just like your average home in the U.S.! Just the other day I saw an LG brand model front loading washing machine for P53,000! It has a wash & dry cycle all in one machine! Long ago, we tried those cheap plastic type top local washing machines with a built-in spin dryer that wrings out the water out of the wet cloths after the wash cycle, but they only last a few years before they rust or crap out! We also use a Germinia brand electric dryer since we don’t hang our clothes out of doors because it’s usually dusty and the dust clings to the damp clothes on the clothes line! So, it's your choice, go cheap or go for quality! http://philippines-expats.com/index.php?app=gallery&image=886

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1