Running Out Of Pages On Passport

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Title says it all. From what I have read, I now need to pay 80 bucks to get 4 more pages, 4?....and get to the embassy. Do they have a place like Cebu in Davao...by the waterfront hotel?...to avoid Manila? Is there a better way? Losing it and getting an entire new passport?...pages vs cost ratio? Where is Paul?...maybe he knows the answers to a passport running out of pages. This is a regular travel tourist passport. Thanks for the answers! :bash:

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

yes this does happen to some of US1,, Make sure that you FULLY USE the pages on your current passport , the passport has 26 pages, each page can accept 4 "stamps" or entry's ,The BI of Philippines seems to use much more "space" than is needed IF you ask,nicely, they will "try to limit" the space used. 2. when you apply for your renewal is to "request" additional pages. if you think its unfair, write to your US congressman, unlike those "congressmen" in other countries.they do listen to their constituents

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Title says it all. From what I have read, I now need to pay 80 bucks to get 4 more pages, 4?....and get to the embassy. Do they have a place like Cebu in Davao...by the waterfront hotel?...to avoid Manila? Is there a better way? Losing it and getting an entire new passport?...pages vs cost ratio? Where is Paul?...maybe he knows the answers to a passport running out of pages. This is a regular travel tourist passport. Thanks for the answers! :bash:
This might help but did not give full details. http://www.americanembassyinformation.com/davao-philippine.html
  • Like 1

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys. I dropped off the passport today, and actually had 7 pages left....GF said 2. Anyway, I asked, and he suggested going to Manila and the embassy to get more...WTF? Anyway...I have enough until my next trip to the US, so will find out when I go back next year. I do have to do a Cebu trip soon and there is always the Waterfront, and want to visit that area by Manila Jake suggested, so I will have a few places to get the questions answered in more detail. I wonder if it is easier just losing the passport cost wise versus the 4 pages and 80 plus dollars...that will be a question I will ask when in Cebu. I will reveal my findings here...although if anybody see's Paul around, direct him to this thread as he seems to be the expert in these matters.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

please NEVER NEVER consider "losing " the passport. Years ago, I had "lost" my passport,( couldnt find it in my carry-on, returning back to the US(conus) late 1980's)I filled out the "paperwork" to obtain a replacement, No problem yet,however when I reentered the US ,it seem that i underwent slightly more "scrutiny "when i registered with the "local" us embassy the "lost"passport issue was "brought up".i must note that I did "find/recover" it ( hidden in a seam of the carry-on) when I did "return" the passport, I felt my little extra "scrutiny" upon US customs "magically disappeared."this was before Pan-am. berlin disco incident also your old passport can be very helpful when "returning" to a Non-Us country.as that provides proof that you have been there before/returning visitor

Edited by ed villas
  • Like 1