Things To Do In Hong Kong While On A Visa Run

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There are some good prices on airfare to Hong Kong at the moment and we tourists have to leave the country every once in a while so I booked to go on Cathay Pacific for a 3 night get away. We will stay at an out of the way hotel that seems quite nice at about 6K Pesos a night (exchanged to HK $ of course). Having been there before I have done a lot of the touristy things. This time will be the obligatory day in Disneyland, a bit of shopping, and a free day where I need to decide what to do. Has anyone been to Noah's Ark to have a look and is it worth the trip? Are there any other unusual places to go in Hong Kong for a day trip?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We like Hong Kong for the shopping and food. I like the food and watching the people there.Lady's market is cool, the cultural museum of art near the Harley Davidson dealer and first MRT is very nice as is the Hong Kong Island museum of defense (tai Koo?) MTR station.

• Like 1

oldutot
Posted
Posted

Take a trip to Macau, you can pretend to be a high roller. I have not to Hong Kong over 30 years.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I know this is answering my own question but if anyone else is following along and thinking of a visit to Hong Kong then you might want to check out this list of 10 things to do in Hong Kong on a budget If anyone has tried any of them then please post your opinion.

f3dragonjedi
Posted
Posted

You may have already done these (since you say you've already done most of the touristy things): Ocean ParkVisit the "Big Buddha"Stanley Market (and several of the other markets, including the ladies market)

• Like 1