Dust Storm Envelops Phoenix, Downs Power Lines

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Between 1975 to 1979, I was stationed at Luke Air Base, Arizona. Except for the extreme dry heat and severe flash flooding, I really enjoyed everything about Arizona! I never experienced any dust storms except for when I was driving through Indigo, California on my way to visit family in Northern California. The dust storm just sand blasted my car mildly and needed a new paint job and front windshield afterwards after a few months of saving my pennies. And also, golf ball size hail storms there in the same place during the winter! Arizona truly has some of the most breath taking scenery anywhere! I'm mostly impressed with Sadona's red mountains and Flagstaff with it's forest and many lakes, great for camping and trout fishing! Also Verdie river, great fun for inner tubing down it's miles and miles of river creek! Sorry to hear though about the dust storm in Phoenix! What's the world coming to with all these calamities world wide! Is Mother Nature telling us all something? Some people don't even acknowledge that global warming exists and is the reason for most of the drastic climate changes world wide! Earth quakes, they're inevitable sooner or later and nothing can be done to change it! Oh well, that's life!

• Like 1