What Do You Say To "i Don't Believe In Monogamy"?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Interesting thoughts in this story. Kind of makes you think. hmmmm, no I will never cheat on my wife but maybe many of us are programmed wrong from day one. Maybe it is sort of like everything else in life, once you have done it once or more, it becomes easier and easier. "What if having sex with someone other than your partner isn't just a 'lifestyle' choice? What if it's also not an issue of right or wrong? What if our culture has simply indoctrinated us with beliefs around love, commitment, attraction and sex that end up emotionally terrorizing us unnecessarily at some point, or all throughout, our lives?" As time moves me away from my former marriage, the more I question -- and doubt -- everything and anything. And just as I've learned to separate sex from love since divorcing, I wonder, could I one day learn to separate love and commitment from jealousy? Could that be the next stage in my maturation and evolution?The truth is that not everyone who cheats is a monster. Nor are they all self-centered, valueless slime-buckets and sociopaths. So if all the people who engage in affairs aren't completely evil, could it be that the issue of having sex outside a relationship/marriage isn't all evil either?

• Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

​Interesting thought or philosophy which I tend to agree on, but beware of a "woman's scorn", which can make your life a living hell if one decides to stay under the same roof for convenience's sake just because it's "cheaper to keep her" than getting a divorce! As time moves me away from my former marriage, the more I question -- and doubt -- everything and anything. And just as I've learned to separate sex from love since divorcing, I wonder, could I one day learn to separate love and commitment from jealousy? Could that be the next stage in my maturation and evolution? It just may well be, because it's just in the nature of most males with a hard on! As they say, "use it or lose it", we aren't getting any younger! That's why most foreigners or people in general are lucky to be married to younger wives, because there's less of a tendency for them to stray as long as they have a partner who will grant their every wish in the loving scheme of things!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have seen so many older men with younger wives here in the Philippines. In many cases the man gets up into his 70s and the wife is still in her 30s or even 20s in some cases. If my situation never changes, my wife will be in her 40s in this scenario. So in the other instances I have seen, the wife eventually gets a younger lover, either discretely or with the husband's knowledge. I am wondering how I will handle that if and when it comes up.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Myrlita(57) is 4 years older than I(53). Now what?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Myrlita(57) is 4 years older than I(53). Now what?
Keep working on it,try harder, you will catch up one day. :whistling: :) :13_4_10[1]:

• 2 months later...
Curley
Posted
Posted
I have seen so many older men with younger wives here in the Philippines. In many cases the man gets up into his 70s and the wife is still in her 30s or even 20s in some cases. If my situation never changes, my wife will be in her 40s in this scenario. So in the other instances I have seen, the wife eventually gets a younger lover, either discretely or with the husband's knowledge. I am wondering how I will handle that if and when it comes up.
I have pondered the same question. Who knows what we'll feel when the time comes? As my Mum used to say.... Don't worry Worry till Worry worries you (think about it) However she also said " Nobody plans to fail but many fail to plan!" As they say in Thailand..... Up to you. :(

sjp52
Posted
Posted

I don,t care what other people think about if it is right or wrong, All I care about is if I did do it how it would affect my wife. I know it would hurt her so I would never do it. I know I would not want her to do that to me. Marriage is an unselfish act that we do to say that we will take care of and love and be faithful to that one person we want to spend the rest of our life with. We have choices. If having many sexual partners is important to you then don,t get married.

• Like 2