Airphil Express

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I wonder why they do this?Booking a flight for my wife to travel from Zamboanga to Cebu.Now if I booked on Philippines Airlines the cost is P2884 including tax but if I book on Airphil Express which is exactly the same plane, owned by Philippines Airlines the cost of the flight is P2197 including taxes. Airphil travel to about 17 Philippines destinations and are cheaper than Cebu Pacific as well. http://www.airphilexpress.com/

Bundy
Posted
Posted
I wonder why they do this?Booking a flight for my wife to travel from Zamboanga to Cebu.Now if I booked on Philippines Airlines the cost is P2884 including tax but if I book on Airphil Express which is exactly the same plane, owned by Philippines Airlines the cost of the flight is P2197 including taxes. Airphil travel to about 17 Philippines destinations and are cheaper than Cebu Pacific as well. http://www.airphilexpress.com/
So is Airphil to Philippine Airlines similar to say Jetstar to Qantas? Kinda would explain it............ well sort of.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
So is Airphil to Philippine Airlines similar to say Jetstar to Qantas? Kinda would explain it............ well sort of.
I guess so but no matter which carrier you book you still travel on the same plane.

Bundy
Posted
Posted
I guess so but no matter which carrier you book you still travel on the same plane.
Oh wait a minute, are you saying that you are booking this seat on an Airphil plane through Airphil, but you can also book the same seat through Philippine Airlines and the two prices given are different? I can understand it if you are getting a quote from two different companies or agencies but if Philippine Airlines owns Airphil, it seems strange that you would not be directed to the Airphil site to book your ticket. it's like me trying to book a seat on a Jetstar flight through Qantas? I can't offer any explanation for that one at all, but we ARE talking about the Philippines. All i know is, it pays to shop around before purchasing any ticket on any plane. :lol:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Oh wait a minute, are you saying that you are booking this seat on an Airphil plane through Airphil, but you can also book the same seat through Philippine Airlines and the two prices given are different? I can understand it if you are getting a quote from two different companies or agencies but if Philippine Airlines owns Airphil, it seems strange that you would not be directed to the Airphil site to book your ticket. it's like me trying to book a seat on a Jetstar flight through Qantas? I can't offer any explanation for that one at all, but we ARE talking about the Philippines. All i know is, it pays to shop around before purchasing any ticket on any plane. :)
Yes that is what Im sayingEarlier this year I got her a flight and this time it was booked for Philippines Airlines and on their site but she told me the flight was on airphil express once she got to Cebu,this how I found about this company. This bit of info I found on google. Air Philippines is setting its course to become the low-cost airline of choice for Asia. The carrier, an affiliate of national flag carrier Philippines Airlines, offers scheduled and charter services with about 20 destinations throughout the Philippines, as well as in South Korea and China. The airline is also approved to fly to the US, Singapore, and Japan. Established in 1995, Air Philippines officially took to the skies a year later and now operates a fleet of about 10 Boeing 737s as well as a handful of Bombardier Q300s and Q400s. Philippine tycoon Lucio Tan controls the company and also owns Philippine Airlines.