The Polite Way To Say No To Filipino Family Members

wayneseymour
Posted
Posted

What is the customary way to diplomatically say no to Filipino family members who think you are the cash cow? without being looked down on by the family or hurt their feelings and have them hold a grudge against you for not giving in to their demands or request?

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

simple.. JUST SAY NO and be firm VERY firm with it, HOW did these people live or support themselves before YOU (cash cow,sugar daddy, Joe the ATM) came into their lives.. its a personal choice of how you want to help. some members have good success in helping.

OTHERS,,,well I let them speak. that is if they still have any money left.

dont feel that YOU MUST give them $$,

My suggestion is,,,, IS instead of direct cash,,, get them food,grocery, Take them to the dentist, get them their shots(tetanus etc ..) improve their life w/out the cash..

listed below is a GREAT TOPIC that could help you in your decision..

http://www.philippin...ing-the-family/

altho this topic is closed . It still has good info

bubba has spoken and now i retreat back into the

kingdom

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 5

shiredevon
Posted
Posted

There is no polite way, they will ask to borrow, they will not pay it back so lend them what you feel comfortable with then shut up shop as they say,

They are incredibly thick skinned and will ask again even though they didn't repay you, this thick skin also means they are not that disappointed when you turn them down.

• Like 5