Harley Davidson Of Manila

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

I know there are many bigger/more powerful motorcycle lovers on the forum so I thought I would pass this along.

You heard it here first...Harley Davidson of Manila is now officially open for business.

Here I thought it would always be scooters, trikes and 2 strokers....

http://harley-davidsonofmanila.com.ph/

Not much local info on the site but I am sure down the road more Philippines related stuff will be posted. 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Tee shirts and ladies tank tops for the most part would be my guess.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yea saw that about a month ago some where else ...... if they are going to require the same type of quality service that Harley does in the US I wouldn't hold my breath as to how long it will take till Willy G pulls the plug ..... add to that the enormous cost of import taxes and such and your new Harley will be up there with Rolls Royce ..... not to mention the tax for a 1360 cc engine ..... maybe they will put a 125cc Yamama engine in'um ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:   :cheersty: 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I'm sure they could sell a few Fatboys and some Sportsters but lets face it the HD scooter market over there is gona be kinda small.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

That is a good point about the importation taxes. Very self defeating policy from where I sit.

Speaking of where I sit, other than in the CR, it will NOT be on a Harley. I have always chosen comfort over brute NOISY strength. Rice burners are fine with me. My current ride in the US is a Suzuki Burgman 400. At $7500 + taxes et al in the US, I an only imagine what it would cost in Phils. (I do not speak Chinese, so no Chinese crap for me)

Since Phils is a great country for touring, I realy would like to have a nice 400cc +- touring bike. But all I see are crotch rocket styles in anything over 150cc. But, perhaps since the extected harley market would be small, that same dealership may also import some larger non Harleys.....

i am bob
Posted
Posted

And to think...  There was a place in Niagara Falls that sold overstock Harley police bikes for a couple years.  2004 I could have had a new one for $13k Cdn - when the Canadian $ was worth 74 cents.  Only saw them advertised in the Niagara Falls Review classifieds on hardcopy only.  I have no idea if they still sell them or not.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

And to think...  There was a place in Niagara Falls that sold overstock Harley police bikes for a couple years.  2004 I could have had a new one for $13k Cdn - when the Canadian $ was worth 74 cents.  Only saw them advertised in the Niagara Falls Review classifieds on hardcopy only.  I have no idea if they still sell them or not.

Current scams here using cycletrader.com and a 2009 Harley for 3k... must sell. now diabled and need the money and wants to use ebay escrow service. Will send you a complete FAKE ebay page and an ebay address for safeharboUr which is the tip off for the US market.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Current scams here using cycletrader.com and a 2009 Harley for 3k... must sell. now diabled and need the money and wants to use ebay escrow service. Will send you a complete FAKE ebay page and an ebay address for safeharboUr which is the tip off for the US market.

thankfully the place I was talking about had them in stock and on site - hundreds of them!

Bruce
Posted
Posted

thankfully the place I was talking about had them in stock and on site - hundreds of them!

Ah... the story of my life.. Woulda, coulda and SHOULDA....... All you need now is a shrew of a wife to remind you, every day... of what you should have bought... back when..... :hystery:  

• Like 1

softail
Posted
Posted

I have a 99 Softail Custom, no way can I see myself sitting in traffic for hours over a hot engine on a sweltering humid day.  Big bore bikes are just not practical in Philippine traffic conditions unless you are out in the province.     

Doug

• Like 2