Mail Forwarding Service From Us

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

I recall reading a thread about US mail forwarding service to the Philippines.  It mentioned a service based in California gives you a physical US address for mail and package delivery.  They scanned the envelopes and you select which ones you want opened, scanned and forwarded if needed.

For the life of me, I can't find that thread.  Could use some help.

Anyone use this type of service?

What are costs?

Thanks!

robert k
Posted
Posted

I recall reading a thread about US mail forwarding service to the Philippines.  It mentioned a service based in California gives you a physical US address for mail and package delivery.  They scanned the envelopes and you select which ones you want opened, scanned and forwarded if needed.

For the life of me, I can't find that thread.  Could use some help.

Anyone use this type of service?

What are costs?

Thanks!

I used the Google site search (I always use the site search, not thread, not by title) at the top right of the page( Mail Forwarding) and I got this http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/20133-mail-forwarding-services-latest-and-greatest/ I hope it helps both the link and the tip on how to search. :cheersty:

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I believe I was reply #6 on that thread.  Lots of good info in the thread and I am still using the same service now. 

I use Traveling Mailbox. I signed up with them mostly because they have a Dallas, TX address - I am from Dallas. It just seemed to convenient (you can choose from a few states - I think they are really in North Carolina? Their website is hosted in Canada).  Been with them 3 years and very happy with the service.  Most of my important mail I just download the pdf from their site, I really don't need the original of retirement annual statements, but having a copy on my computer is good.  Over the years I have had them forward 2 driver's license, an ATM card, 4 or 5 credit cards, and they have deposited a couple checks for me, never had a problem with them.

On kind of a similar subject... I use faxzero for free faxes.  I have had insurance and bank papers mailed to my forwarding address.  I print the pdf, fill it all out, scan it into the computer, and use the free fax service to send it bank to whoever needs it.  Works great  :tiphat:

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I am using my Uncle's address still but in addition to TravelingMailbox I have looked at MailboxForwarding, and PostScanMail. All three are .com websites.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Here's the one I've been using out of Florida.  Been more than a year and they have great customer service.  I visited their physical location last year and they were very helpful.  Even gave the most clear instructions on obtaining our Florida driver's license.  Took about a whole 20 minutes and my wife and I walked out of the local DMV with our new Florida license which is good for 8 years and renewable the first time my snail mail.  16 years before I need to consider a return!  By the way, their prices are pretty good also.

https://www.sbimailservice.com/index.html

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I also used traveling mailbox. Worked great for me. In 2 years I only needed to forward mail to the Philippines twice. I used a Florida address which is nice since Florida does not have a state income tax. I also got a Florida phone number using MagicJack.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
I used a Florida address which is nice since Florida does not have a state income tax.

Yes earthdome, I almost forgot that.  It was the #1 reason for me getting a Florida service!

GregZ
Posted
Posted

I use www.GoodSamMailService.com

Been with them for 2 years. Clearview, Florida address.

I don't use the Good Sam RV club but joined them to get the mail service discount. Second year got the discount without renewing that membership.

They scan, fee; shred, free; mail at cost.

Did Florida MagicJack like earthdome also.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted

When I was living in the Middle East, I used Annapolis Post Box in Annapolis, Maryland, USA.  It was a small business owned and operated by a wonderful woman who ran the business with a personal touch.  I suspect pretty much anything can be negotiated with her.  Fees were reasonable, but it was a few years ago so I don't recall exactly.  I only used US Postal Service for mail forwarding, and she worked with me on how to reflect my address so as not to look like a letter forwarding box. 
Here's the link:

http://www.annapolispostbox.com/mailboxes.html