Timmy's in PH

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, i am bob said:

Dave, just come to Davao...  We have locally grown and pooped Civet Coffee here...  And it still tastes like cat droppings..

So, that's what they serve at BO's.

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Yes, we can buy Davao coffee at the local mall. I've not tried it. Maybe the coffee they serve at some coffee shops here is Davao coffee. I get imported at Gaisano. I like Don Francisco Colombian coffee. 

Someone here mentioned Costa Rican coffee. I can vouch for that stuff. When you're in CR, you drink home grown. No need for imports.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Reboot said:

Someone here mentioned Costa Rican coffee. I can vouch for that stuff. When you're in CR, you drink home grown. No need for imports.

Yes, I did not know you are from CR. Salvador is also a coffee growing country but never seen any in the states.

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Yes, I did not know you are from CR. Salvador is also a coffee growing country but never seen any in the states.

Well I'm not, personally. I just visit from time to time. The coffee there is good however.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Reboot said:

Well I'm not, personally. I just visit from time to time. The coffee there is good however.

I love good coffee no matter where it's from. Thanks. Not too many choices here. 

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

I love good coffee no matter where it's from. Thanks. Not too many choices here. 

One of my friends works in Bankerohan Market and I've had some of the local coffee from there at his house...  Seriously good stuff..!  I just don't have a coffeemaker so I get the Great Taste crystals...  Now that I'm back up to 4 large cups before 6am, I think I need to make that investment...

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, i am bob said:

I just don't have a coffeemaker so I get the Great Taste crystals...  

There are some instant coffee crystals that are almost as good as brewed coffee, I agree. 

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

There are some instant coffee crystals that are almost as good as brewed coffee, I agree. 

If I could only find real cream...  Even blend...  Ohhhh...

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, i am bob said:

If I could only find real cream...  Even blend...  Ohh

I just use Coffeemate. There are many different flavors available. Some even sugar free.

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

I like the Batangas Barako coffee. If we ever go on a road trip there, we buy about 5 kilos of it fresh and freeze all but 1 for daily use. Use it in drip coffee maker.  Also, Baraco Gold 7 http://philippinecoffeecompany.com/products/siete-baracos-black-gold is a good off the shelf brand. If I remember correctly it usually costs about 300p per bag. I have found it in the Subic Duty free and Pure Gold in Manila. 

Now you got me thinking about Cuban Coffee. Nothing like a nice cup of that with some Cuban Toast (cuban bread, buttered, toasted with mozzarella on it) for breakfast! I used to eat that daily when I worked in Ybor City back in the day.

There is a place not far from Tagaytay that sells that Civet coffee for about 2000p per pound! No thanks!

• Like 3