Timmy's in PH

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, i am bob said:

It wasn't coffee, it was San Miguel...  :mocking:

TGFT  I nearly got Worried I mean we know where we are with an SMBbeer  bar.jpg :hystery: 

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, i am bob said:

Watch for the crystals...  Nescafe Gold would be the probably imported brand...  Great Taste is the popular local brand and much cheaper..   Crystals are also what we know as freeze-dried...

I have never tasted any instant coffee that has been good, so i dont bother with them anymore. When staying in PH i just visited Bos coffee 1-2 a week to get my good coffee hit.

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I understand the logic of this, for the coffee farmer.  Is it not the same as the farmer who supplies the eggs that go with my coffee and my breakfast?  In either case the animals do better than the ones that supply me my bacon.

Well theres allways free range if your willing to pay. I wouldn't pay the high price for shit quality poop coffee. What makes the poop coffe good is the fact that the wild civets pick the coffee beans that are just the right ripeness. So the quality of the coffee is very high. In the cage farms they just feed them random beans 24/7 (in wild the civets would eat other stuff to).

Not about quality, but to get $$$ from rich idiots. If you want to try a cup for fun then go ahead, but its nothing special really. 1 cup shared between the 3 of us was enough for me :D.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure if it's still run by them but there was a priest (I believe) who helped set up a Civet Coffee company for the locals on Mt Apo just outside Davao...  I'm sure if anyone wants to know more (free range, location or prices) can easily Google it...  Time for me to get back to work...  Lol!

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Good Shepherd Convent in Baguio sells civet coffee by the cup, 100php. A lot of coffee grown around Baguio. When I lived there I used the local Benguet dark roasted coffee beans. As I recall 112php per half kilo. When I visit the inlaws they always have a thermos full of brewed coffee that rarely goes empty using beans from their own farm.

• Like 5

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, earthdome said:

Good Shepherd Convent in Baguio sells civet coffee by the cup, 100php. A lot of coffee grown around Baguio. When I lived there I used the local Benguet dark roasted coffee beans. As I recall 112php per half kilo. When I visit the inlaws they always have a thermos full of brewed coffee that rarely goes empty using beans from their own farm.

Yes, I think mountain grown coffee is preferred.

It must be the altitude in Baguio..

What name is it sold under? 

earthdome
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Yes, I think mountain grown coffee is preferred.

It must be the altitude in Baguio..

What name is it sold under? 

It wasn't packaged for resale, just scooped out half a kilo of beans from the box at the Baguio SM.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
jpbago
Posted
Posted
On 9/2/2016 at 9:13 AM, Reboot said:

Don't they grow coffee over there? They sure have the climate for it.

I have tried 2 brands of ground coffee, Baraco and Mabuhay. I like the Baraco at 200p/kilo. I even bring 2 kg back to Canada every year.  Filters here are expensive and rare. I asked at one store and they took me to styrofoam cups. I get my filters at Costco in a 600 pack. I drink my coffee black, no sugar nor cream so those 3 in 1s are out. I take our dog down to the river everyday and I get a cup of brewed for 7p but at the mall in Bacolod, it is around 50p at Belgium Wafflesor Bo's. The family here drinks Nescafe sachets with 3 tbsp of sugar. Everyday they make their coffee in the same size cup with the same measured sachet of Nescafe. They put 2 tbsps of sugar in, stir it, taste it, and then put 1 more tbsp of sugar. Everyday! I just don't understand.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
On 9/3/2016 at 2:18 PM, i am bob said:

I figured Timmie's would be here sooner or later now that BurgerKing is back...  Tim's and BK merged a few years back and the head office is in Canada now... With mostly the old Tim Hortons executives in charge...

I get my coffee at BK ( I think that it is the same as TH) but I get a senior's large for a buck compared to a medium at TH for a buck and a half.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
On 9/4/2016 at 7:56 AM, Reboot said:

Someone here mentioned Costa Rican coffee. I can vouch for that stuff. When you're in CR, you drink home grown. No need for imports.

They say that the best CR coffee is exported. Have you been to a coffee farm tour? Quite nice.

• Like 1