Age of Consent Laws?

jpbago
Posted
Posted

And then I read this in yesterday's Panay News: 

MANILA – The Philippines has the highest rate of child prostitution in the world, a report by the United Nations Children’s Fund (Unicef) said.
Unicef called the country as “epicentre of the livestream sexual abuse trade.”

http://www.panaynews.net/ph-has-highest-rate-of-child-prostitution/

With a rate like that, you can't just point at foreigners.

Sometimes the consent comes from the parents.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, jpbago said:

With a rate like that, you can't just point at foreigners.

Sometimes the consent comes from the parents.

Very True but unfortunately the Finger IS pointed at the Foreigner

If Parents think there is cash around ready consent will come :huh: 

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, JJReyes said:

The Age of Consent in the Philippines is 12 years. It is one of the lowest if not the lowest in the world.

I think you will find that went out many years ago.

• Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I don't feel like looking it up right now but it used to be legal to marry a girl under 18, in Canada, provided the groom was also under 18.  May have changed, but your statement is too all encompassing for any of us to check the law in every country.  One thing most of us know is that the law for non-Muslim foreigners in Philippines says 18 is legal.  Muslims can marry at 16, in Philippines, and its not regarded as abuse.  Research Freddy Aguilar for confirmation.

No Dave, it is not 'the law' but organizations who use the 'rescue the girls' concepts for fund raising. Their data parameters are VERY WIDE to pad their statistics. According to their feminist views, any woman under 18 and married is 'abused'.

Example: Breast cancer fund raisers used to say 1 in 3 women will get breast cancer. But that changed when people started doing fact checking. For the 1 in 3 to apply, the 3 women would all be 95! So they added 'in their life time' which was changed again as people started to realize they were being told 'edited facts' in order to be sucked into donating money.

Age is a funny thing. If the standard for 'abuse / under age marriage' was 15, MILLIONS of those number would simply disappear from the stats. Raise the number to 20, and suddenly MILLIONS of women are added to the statistical data. So they use a universal 18 age. 17 and 1/2 yrs old and married? That is abuse. 18 yr old and suddenly not abuse. Has NOTHING to do with actual true 'abuse' as you and I understand the term. All about the conscious money. Donate now and frequently! But nothing really changes.   

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Some places use the 2 year age gap as a factor in the age of consent, like if one of them is 15 and the other 17, then it is OK, or if one is 16 and the other is 18, then it is OK.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Bruce said:

No Dave, it is not 'the law' but organizations who use the 'rescue the girls' concepts for fund raising. Their data parameters are VERY WIDE to pad their statistics. According to their feminist views, any woman under 18 and married is 'abused'.

Example: Breast cancer fund raisers used to say 1 in 3 women will get breast cancer. But that changed when people started doing fact checking. For the 1 in 3 to apply, the 3 women would all be 95! So they added 'in their life time' which was changed again as people started to realize they were being told 'edited facts' in order to be sucked into donating money.

Age is a funny thing. If the standard for 'abuse / under age marriage' was 15, MILLIONS of those number would simply disappear from the stats. Raise the number to 20, and suddenly MILLIONS of women are added to the statistical data. So they use a universal 18 age. 17 and 1/2 yrs old and married? That is abuse. 18 yr old and suddenly not abuse. Has NOTHING to do with actual true 'abuse' as you and I understand the term. All about the conscious money. Donate now and frequently! But nothing really changes.   

So just what it is you are suggesting Bruce? The topic is a Canadian citizen is asking if it's OK to have sex with a 16 year old Filipina. You say "age is a funny thing". Please elaborate.

• Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well, I really did not want to add again, but as it seems the thread is growing and leaning towards 'blaming' the parents.

I work in a rural area where people really are truly dirt poor. Even so, I have never been 'offered' anyone's daughter. But I do understand the difference between eating and starving. For a child, they can not understand morals or reasoning as to why there is no rice today. Self sacrifice is a trait of mammals. 'We' of the 1st world seem to assume that because we have safety nets and social programs to help the very poor, that 'someone' will step up and help that family. Well.... very often that someone is the eldest daughter.

I am not talking about the Muslim standard of 9 years old. But the 14-17 year old daughter who is able to understand and make a choice. Now there is a difference between local men and foreigners. I believe that it is the foreigner(s) who pay more and give better gifts. What may have started out as a hard decision, several weeks and gifts later suddenly seems to be, for the girl's stand point... not such a bad deal. UNTIL she is interviewed by some do gooder 1st world paid government worker. Suddenly the girl reverts to SHY again and claim victim status. She is rescued... put back into poor status or government warehouse and then runs away to return to the sex trade, where she once again... is special! Do the math! The girl already has.... Gifts and money for family add up to more than no rice or education money for the sisters and brothers.

So, I try not to judge, but offer help and support as I can. However here is something to think about for you OLD GUYS!

Hugh Hefner was vilified for years about corrupting the morals of young men and exploitation of young women. But here were are 60+ years later and 500+ playmates later and in looking at those playmates of the past, a few went on to marry rich men, open their own businesses, finished grad school and several went on to be attorneys. Sure, some ended up with drug and prostitution issues as well. Drugs and the ability to say NO seems to be the deciding factor as to their individual success or failures. But without Hugh Hefner / Playboy, many of these women would never had of been able to realize their true potential.

So, just because a girl of 14-17 ends up working in the sex trade or as a girl friend to some old fat (LOL) foreigner... does not mean that old man won't do the right thing and help her and her family....  

• Like 4

Bruce
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Old55 said:

So just what it is you are suggesting Bruce? The topic is a Canadian citizen is asking if it's OK to have sex with a 16 year old Filipina. You say "age is a funny thing". Please elaborate.

Age is not universal as it pertains to consent. Adding to the drama is that outright arrogance of 1st world countries who think 'we' can impose our morals and might on the rest of the world. An example of this is by US law, a the US has the right to board any ship anywhere in the world to look for drugs or weapons if that ship seems to headed to or near the US. Will the US try to board a Russian ship? Hell no... but some no weight 3rd world country's ship... sure! But at the same time say Ethiopia passed an identical law and tried to board a US ship. Suddenly it is piracy.

Same for age of consent laws. DU30 is spot on about the US arrogance and meddling in Philippine matters, far more and above just sex. JJ was right and it was George Bush and his threats and promises of money to fight sex crimes that have morphed into the drama of today.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

As I have some Good friends with rather Younger G/F's I will not say too much as their relationships are working well I hear But as it was an Area Brownout Yesterday we went out for Lunch and a Run around, we were honoured that our Daughter (17 accompanied us :smile:) Then she went off with Cousins to a resort Further on, She tells me this morning that there was a Police presence at the Larger Resort they went to checking ID's and asking Relationships of some young Ladies to those around them. her Group were all around 16 to 21 and as I say all family, My meaning is that in this Area, Dumaguete up to Siaton the Authorities are taking Note of things, now maybe, I wonder if there are Areas that seems to attract Underage Girls (Young ladies) OH! I know it happens but is anyone watching this or just waiting for a problem to arise.

What happens behind the Closed Doors of Locals is as it is but again, it is usually Foreigners that get Dragged into things. I still Remember the term "Jail bait" and if single and looking this would be My watch phrase.

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic