Visa Renewal @ J.Center Mall, Cebu City

russellmania
Posted
Posted

Went to J.Center Mall today and arrived about 11am and didn get out of there until 2:30 pm!!!! I have NEVER seen it standing room only there since I have been using that location. And they were slower than normal. And a good reason for that is I guess you call them fixers or tour agents, but they had 15 to 20 passports and it was about 10  of them there because they call them by number and not name. The finally call my name so I rush to the counter and she hands me my extension paper but no passport. I asked her where is it, she pointed to a sign that said "Pick up your passport in 3 to 5 days" im like WTF??? I have to fight traffic again just to come back for my passport? Does ANYBODY know why the B.I. is doing this?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Went to J.Center Mall today and arrived about 11am and didn get out of there until 2:30 pm!!!! I have NEVER seen it standing room only there since I have been using that location. And they were slower than normal. And a good reason for that is I guess you call them fixers or tour agents, but they had 15 to 20 passports and it was about 10  of them there because they call them by number and not name. The finally call my name so I rush to the counter and she hands me my extension paper but no passport. I asked her where is it, she pointed to a sign that said "Pick up your passport in 3 to 5 days" im like WTF??? I have to fight traffic again just to come back for my passport? Does ANYBODY know why the B.I. is doing this?

They are Working to Rule my Friend, as the Overtime payments have Stopped. it is not "J" Mall but all offices.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

They are Working to Rule my Friend, as the Overtime payments have Stopped. it is not "J" Mall but all offices.

The rule is: We work slow and talk a lot. It took 3 hours to get a free ticket from PAL when there was only 2 people ahead in line. There was hugging and kissing, others coming in and jumping the que, and more talking about non PAL business.

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

That's where I went. Was in an out in about an hour. Things were orderly and efficient to my eye.

Edited by Reboot

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

There not fixers, you have to be an accredited agent to do extensions. Now with the pick up passports in 3 to 5 days, did you pay the express lane fee? 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

There not fixers, you have to be an accredited agent to do extensions. Now with the pick up passports in 3 to 5 days, did you pay the express lane fee? 

I thought that was abolished or were you Joking?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I thought that was abolished or were you Joking?

Not that I know of. If so when? 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Not that I know of. If so when? 

It all came to a head over this debacle of Overtime which is why they BI Offices (Dumaguete certainly) are now on a fixed 9 hour day 8am to 5pm ( No Noon break:hystery: But..................)

We have heard that the 2 month extension is now 1.000 peso cheaper, I don't extend as I am 13a but will try and find out if this is nation wide or just Field offices ( as they definitely work Different form main offices)

russellmania
Posted
Posted

They have big sign that says..Report all fixers to the security guards..on the glass wall outside of the B.I.

RBM
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Not Jack, Bacolod is business as usual.

• Like 1