Visa Renewal @ J.Center Mall, Cebu City

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I cannot remember ever paying 11,000 for a 2 month tourist visa, even with agency fees to have someone else do it.  On the surface it sounds like you got ripped off.

Not just on the surface, in the middle, and high in the air it sounds like that also. Maybe he got his prices backwards, why would anyone 'plan on' paying p20k for 2 months?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

why would anyone 'plan on' paying p20k for 2 months?

Robert nailed that one.  He was probably late.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

OK, went to BI in Duma today (Tuesday). 6 month visa + ACR card = p10,500 will be ready MONDAY, everyone else I heard was being told Monday also. I guess they got the word to delay processing times here now also.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

+ ACR card

Bet that is not ready on Monday :89:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

6 month visa + ACR card = p10,500 will be ready MONDAY, everyone else I heard was being told Monday also.

I think its important to state that this is your first 6 month Visa after 59 days in country.  I say that because the first renewal after 59 days has always been a bit more than a standard renewal.  I am hoping that my second 6 month Visa (come August) will be closer to 6K pesos as no ACR card needed and it will be a second renewal.  I will remember to keep all informed but if anyone else is getting that second 6 month visa without the ACR card, no express fees, and cheaper fees, then I would want to hear about it.  Reason is, if they screw us over too bad then I'll take a trip to Cebu and do it.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Bet that is not ready on Monday :89:

Having been there done that, I don't expect it to be either. She probably did say "Come back Monday for you Passport" which is what I care about the most. I will ask her Monday about the card.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

I think its important to state that this is your first 6 month Visa after 59 days in country.  I say that because the first renewal after 59 days has always been a bit more than a standard renewal.  I am hoping that my second 6 month Visa (come August) will be closer to 6K pesos as no ACR card needed and it will be a second renewal.  I will remember to keep all informed but if anyone else is getting that second 6 month visa without the ACR card, no express fees, and cheaper fees, then I would want to hear about it.  Reason is, if they screw us over too bad then I'll take a trip to Cebu and do it.

Yup, it is also my intention once I get the receipt Monday, to share the breakdown of fees here.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
On 6/13/2017 at 0:24 PM, AlwaysRt said:

Yup, it is also my intention once I get the receipt Monday, to share the breakdown of fees here.

...got my passport back today, new ACR card will be a couple more weeks before it is ready.

Discount discount surprise! Turns out the total was not p10,500 for 6 months + new ACR card + ECC, it was p9,638. Here is the breakdown...

20170619_144438.jpg

• Like 2