Budget of p72,000 pm. Enough?

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

I would tend to agree with others, more than enough IMHO.  My studio in a fantastic building rents for P15k a month, i see utility bills tenant pays around4-5k month with AC.  So it would leave you 50k left for day to day living....................... What about getting back to UK periodically, tickets would dent your budget.

Good luck from an ex Army brat of 22 years

• Like 5

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, topcat72m said:

Quite nervous but exciting at the same time. 

Ah that;s just the normal heading into the 'unknown/change' jitters. Will go away pretty darn quick once you get here. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

popeye72 
Posted
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

If and i say IF you can't live a Good life on that amount, your expectations are way too high :whistling:

I find my expectations are not nearly as high as the girls that you may meet  :89:

Edited by topcat72m
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, topcat72m said:

I find my expectations are not nearly as high as the girls that you may meet  :89:

Ahh! a Mr Bows Contender, that choice is yours. As I said before, Meet a Girl, History Money, Up to you

• Like 1

popeye72 
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ahh! a Mr Bows Contender, that choice is yours. As I said before, Meet a Girl, History Money, Up to you

I don't understand the "Mr Bows" reference. 

Im not going to be a butterfly. I just think things can get quite dull very quickly if there was no companionship. 

From previous experience both there and here they can have far higher expectations than I do. But such is life. 

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wow, I have a lot less then that to live on each month but I have a lot left as a back up plan for the just in case, plus I am not there yet.

Edited by stevewool
added more
  • Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Welcome topcat. I'm also Brit ex forces, 24yrs and retired here the beginning of March. I'm currently living the semi single life at the moment but as I fully commuted my pension I'm on about half of yours but have a decent sum in the bank. Touch would it'll double in 2 1/2yrs.

Your 2m php for a condo might be pushing it a bit if you want a decent area and a maintained condo. It'll also tie you to the area which may not be a good thing.The hints about girls, history and money pretty much means if you meet the wrong one your money will soon be history and so will they. Think of it as the saying " No plan survives the first contact with the enemy." Some of the women here are masters at deception. Even the ones that don't ask for financial help can convince you to give them it. 

If you like a beer and not too fussy about settling down with any one girl I'd recommend Sabang in Oriental Mindano. It's a little coastal town famous for diving, a few girlie bars and a great ex pat community. Certainly cheaper than Cebu and it's handy for commuting. You'll never need a vehicle as the town is walkable and Jeepneys safe and cheap.

• Like 2

popeye72 
Posted
Posted

Snowy

I agree with you about all of that. I saw a condo for sale earlier this year that would be perfect. However its too soon. I will wait until i see a similar going. As for tieing me to an area. That is something that has on my mind however id rather have my money tied up in property than have a girl trying to convince me to part with it. There is always a convincing sob story there. I

I admit i could regret it later. I could always rent it out. 

Im not in any hurry to get into a relationship again but im not into the girlie bar scene. More serial monogamous if that makes any sense. 

I will for sure travel about and see other places. I will start in Cebu as im fairly familiar with it. 

Is mindanao not under cerfew martial law now. 

Im ( some nationality ) Military BTW. I'll have to check my settings. And fix location.