Budget of p72,000 pm. Enough?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

The house is gone now.  Ever try to get a house back from your ex?

Sorry Dave, gave a smile only because of this. It transpires I may have to try, given a conversation we had last week

• Like 1

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

72000 PHP / month will be more than enough for one single person. But do use not more than 1/4th of it on property rentals if you have to use (private) transportations to get even simple grocery stuff. If you have lot of stuff/shops/activities in walking distance or even inside the building where you live, you can go up to not more than 1/3rd of your pension.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

OP, I won't comment on your budget because there are too many variables. Just make sure you have an emergency fund at hand and comprehensive medical insurance. Could be the difference between life and death. 

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Not sure if your situation is exactly the same as mine but I had a daughter living with me in my house in Canada.  She took over the house lock stock and barrel and we agreed she would make payments.  It worked for about 6 months and then her mother (my ex) moved in to "help" her.  Six months later my daughter moved out to be with her boyfriend saying "its OK dad, Mom will be making the payments for me.  Yeah right.  The house is gone now.  Ever try to get a house back from your ex?

Nothing is guaranteed in life but with my name still on the deeds i dont think there would be any bother, talking about the ex she had half my pension and then she is coming into a giant windfall of millions , but she still will not give me back that pension.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 26/10/2017 at 5:10 PM, stevewool said:

Nothing is guaranteed in life but with my name still on the deeds i dont think there would be any bother, talking about the ex she had half my pension and then she is coming into a giant windfall of millions , but she still will not give me back that pension.

I have a mate who is getting divorced ,his ex is claiming half if his inheritance