Why The Philippines?

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

You must have a big budget haha

Not really.........I just like the refreshing taste and can drink it like its juice and sooo very refreshing i find ;)

6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Hey Big Spender:smile: That is not bad though for Light 

Never compared, all the Sori Sori stores seem to have it. When I visit the words gets round and they stock up I think.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I did think about taking her to the UK once but thought better of it as she would be taken advantage of over there as she is very trusting

Taken advantage of by other Filipinos. We have been warned and heard stories. Do not trust other Filipinos in Canada and Macau.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Try 21 peso for a bottle of beer

Yes, I hate that.  It was only 17, buying by the case, in Cebu 10 years ago.

But in short, the real reason I came to Philippines was curiosity.  Lots of people I knew had been to them other places but few had been to Philippines.  The ones who had been here made it sound fabulous.

Once I arrived, I was disappointed in some ways but the overall feeling was good, so I stayed.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Steve GCC said:

I pay 30 for san mig light.................from Sori Sori store

There is a place near here that sells san mig light for 30, and you can sit there and drink if you want but they have no license for that so you are supposed to take them home.  Across the street is another place with a bar license.  Same kind of set up but the san mig lights go for 45 plus deposit whether you drink them there or take them home.  Seems the only reason they get business is that the 30 peso place keeps running out.  :SugarwareZ-037:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, jpbago said:

Taken advantage of by other Filipinos. We have been warned and heard stories. Do not trust other Filipinos in Canada and Macau.

There are also many UK people who would take advantage.I see people trying to take advantage of her all the time but since she met me she has wised up to it a little.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

There is a place near here that sells san mig light for 30, and you can sit there and drink if you want but they have no license for that so you are supposed to take them home.  Across the street is another place with a bar license.  Same kind of set up but the san mig lights go for 45 plus deposit whether you drink them there or take them home.  Seems the only reason they get business is that the 30 peso place keeps running out.  :SugarwareZ-037:

I hope they don`t run out at JPs place tomorrow.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

There are also many UK people who would take advantage.I see people trying to take advantage of her all the time but since she met me she has wised up to it a little.

So you can't take advantage of her either, even when she is tired?

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, jpbago said:

So you can't take advantage of her either, even when she is tired?

I wrote she has learned and now she takes advantage of me tired or not.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Some ask why the Philippines. I say why not ! :smile:

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

It always comes back to English. I have picked up some Tagalog and some Bisaya, enough to know that with years and lots of effort, I may be able to make myself understood. I think I would have a snowballs chance in hell of learning Thai. I like to be around jungle and the diverse life in it. I'm ordering a powerful magnifying glass and even a microscope to bring back with me, already have some binoculars. The great majority of the people really are friendly when they get to know you. It can be cheap if you need cheap, it can be comfortable if you can afford it and it can be beautiful if you can see it. Has as many negatives as positives I suppose but in great part they aren't the same old negatives I'm used to and as they used to say, a change is as good as a rest.