What is that back up radar thingy?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Hmmm    Those are even cheaper on Lazada.  Now I have to make a decision.  Here is what I am looking at so tell me if it is similar to what you ordered

http://www.lazada.com.ph/4-parking-sensors-led-car-backup-reverse-radar-kit-with-digitalcolored-led-display-black-980519.html

Is there an advantage to ordering the camera AND the sensors or does the camera usually come with the sensors AND do they have sensors for the front bumper so you can close to the wall without touching it (my car has a long front end).

That looks complicated, I suspect that it (My car) is already Wired for unit it just needs Installing the Cost is 5.000peso

so I am guessing 1/2 the work is done already but i will enquire. Cameras  I know nothing about Suzuki dont do a Front end sensor at this time. OH! wrong they Do, so if I buy the 2 together it is 8.500 peso so "A" has just told me. Maybe I will check the camera thing out

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

No But I have ordered reversing Censors

Jack, what place did you order "reversing censors"? :89: Having the ability to undo an activity before The One Who Must Be Obeyed learns of it could be useful. :7500: Not that I have ever needed one. :shades:

Now that I've got off topic please feel free to Censor me!:hystery::bash:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Old55 said:

Jack, what place did you order "reversing censors"? :89: Having the ability to undo an activity before The One Who Must Be Obeyed learns of it could be useful. :7500: Not that I have ever needed one. :shades:

Now that I've got off topic please feel free to Censor me!:hystery::bash:

:hystery: LUV the red bit.

Suzuki, I believe any dealership for a particular car will have them or can Order them or as Dave has said LAZADA, he gave a link:thumbsup:

Jake
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

PS.  @Jack Peterson have you got a reversing camera on your fancy new car?  I did not notice when I rode in it.

I think Jack P was too busy looking at your rear end Dave H.  

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Hmmm    Those are even cheaper on Lazada.  Now I have to make a decision.  Here is what I am looking at so tell me if it is similar to what you ordered

http://www.lazada.com.ph/4-parking-sensors-led-car-backup-reverse-radar-kit-with-digitalcolored-led-display-black-980519.html

Is there an advantage to ordering the camera AND the sensors or does the camera usually come with the sensors AND do they have sensors for the front bumper so you can close to the wall without touching it (my car has a long front end).

You can get front and rear sensors. The last vehicle I had I wired my own system into the in car entertainment system. It had a 6 inch screen and as soon as I selected reverse it switched the camera on. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So what are they

Damn, I have had one for years. Its called a NECK :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I would go with the camera over sensors. Better to see what is there than wonder what a sensor is bouncing off of, could be dirt, a leaf, anything.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

I would go with the camera over sensors. Better to see what is there than wonder what a sensor is bouncing off of, could be dirt, a leaf, anything.

I like to have both and any car I get in the future will have them.  It's nice to see that the U.S. is mandating them soon.  I'm not a big fan of government interference but I love the camera and sensors.  It is a huge safety feature and you will avoid a lot of small mishaps.

Dave, do you have a "radio" with a big screen?  Almost all of those have a camera input and the cameras are cheap.

The nice thing about the factory installed cameras is they show lines on the screen that correspond with your steering wheel movements.  Mine are fairly accurate and a nice feature.  I'm not sure if you can have that with an after market install.

Another thing I will pay extra for next time, if needed, is TPMS, Tire Pressure Monitoring System.  A lot more car are coming standard with them now.

Edited by OnMyWay

Mr-T
Posted
Posted

Interesting topic. Does anyone know if there  are GPS. with street maps which i can use to navigate in Manila or anywhere else in the Ph.? Would love to get one if available.

Thanks for any input.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Mr-T said:

Interesting topic. Does anyone know if there  are GPS. with street maps which i can use to navigate in Manila or anywhere else in the Ph.? Would love to get one if available.

Thanks for any input.

Yes there are, Surprisingly I have one that will get me to a City then I can punch in a particular Area or a well know Resto or store when I arrive at the Town/City and this gives me the Exact location, Even more surprisingly this includes Dumaguete where things are usually still in the 1950's.

Mine was from Suzuki and came with the car but it is only a Sim and updated regularly by the provider IT came from manila so some Internet shopping at a dealer will get what you want. I would be also very surprised if Manila is not the same if not better