Service With A Grunt

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Benington said:

Both the BPI and BDO are usually packed up with customers, with the BDO being a bit easier in my experience. Depends on where you are, but where we live the PNB branches are practically deserted. It wasn't like that before the coming of the BDO. Problem is it's a bit of an old fashioned organization. They still call their domestic money transfer service "Telegraphic Transfer".

And they all still use rubber stamps. Which is how I joke about having to wait now. I ask my wife, "Do they have to send to Manila for a new rubber stamp?"

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JDDavao said:

And they all still use rubber stamps. Which is how I joke about having to wait now. I ask my wife, "Do they have to send to Manila for a new rubber stamp?"

I imagine the guy on the street can counterfeit you any kind of stamp you want.

• Like 1

Benington
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

PNB is my bank and I have never had to wait more that 10 minutes in there.

May I ask you, or anybody else here, do you use their online service? Went off last week and still off! Too long!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Benington said:

May I ask you, or anybody else here, do you use their online service? Went off last week and still off! Too long!

They were off line from Thursday 9pm until Sunday 8pm you should have had an Email and text about it. the ATM's were also affected but they operated open Hours till 7.30pm Thursday and Friday and Opened in Real Street saturday 9 til 12 (Dumaguete that is)

PNB.jpg

Edited by Jack Peterson
put up photo

Benington
Posted
Posted

Oh, thanks for that, Jack. I kept pressing the old bookmark, kept getting "page not found", and came to the wrong conclusion. It had to be refreshed. No more questions, like, "When was your favourite World Cup?" Answer? You can guess, I am sure!

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Benington said:

Oh, thanks for that, Jack. I kept pressing the old bookmark, kept getting "page not found", and came to the wrong conclusion. It had to be refreshed. No more questions, like, "When was your favourite World Cup?" Answer? You can guess, I am sure!

I cannot use their online service as we have a joint account.We will soon be opening separate accounts to combat that.Is your favourite world cup 2003,think about it.

Benington
Posted
Posted

Yes, there's not much to choose from, apart from '66 and maybe '70 or '90? Choosing '66 as an answer to a security question was pretty dumb, in retrospect!

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Benington said:

Yes, there's not much to choose from, apart from '66 and maybe '70 or '90? Choosing '66 as an answer to a security question was pretty dumb, in retrospect!

I wouldn't have said '66 was my favourite! :smile:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 8/15/2017 at 6:11 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

They are getting their priority number through the online system.  You really need to look it up and take advantage of that at BPI or you will be waiting a long time now.

Have no problem here in Cebu. was at the bank the other day and all worked perfectly. 

ClearSky
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

PNB is my bank and I have never had to wait more that 10 minutes in there.

same,  PNB is actually awesome.   difficult to deal with remote,  but onsite just as good as from other places,  in my opinion.

-guard opens the door

-if we sit down to wait someone almost immediately comes and gets us.  (been that way for many years).  we are not that special (I mean, not super rich).  Never had a problem,  even once.   Remote,  online system is however not so good...

BPI,  different story...  I won't go there any longer.

• Like 2