Over 50 dead and more than 400 injured after shooting on Las Vegas Strip

Castaway
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Innocent or Guilty they will attempt to blame her, ridicule and demonized her because they didn't see this 'gentleman' slipping through the cracks .

Very true!... but I'd rather see her being treated fairly by the press, public opinion and law enforcement.

Plus, if she is found to actually be guilty of a crime, then she should also be treated fairly. JMHO.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I noticed a couple of post hidden by a moderator which is correctly so. Please do not post graphic images of dead people no matter who they are.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Lou49 said:

It takes about 4 seconds to empty a 30 round mag at full auto. At some point you have to reload if you are shooting for 10 minutes like he was. Or you would need maybe 100 or 150 fresh cool loaded guns 😳

There's been a few so called experts out there quoting some seriously dodgy scenarios and some of them need a tin foil helmet for the pending alien invasion.

One was quoting even a Navy Seal couldn't fire on automatic that long and that he would need to be super human to have carried those weapons up to his room.

He'd obviously never been there as the last time I was there the bell boys were on me before I'd got out of my vehicle. They helped us take about 50 crates of beer to our room for a wedding reception. The beer was  in large brown cardboard boxes so they never knew what they were carrying. Also on the video of the shooting that he used to back up his theory you could here the gunman empty a magazine in about 5 seconds then there was a pause of about 15 seconds before he emptied another magazine. This continued for just over 10 mins. My grandmother could fire at that rate like him. It wasn't as if he was firing an elephant gun. 

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Lou49 said:

Shooter was using a bump stock on his ”civilian version” which made it shoot “full auto” like the military version.

I wasn't referring to the ability to shoot full auto. I was referring to the construction of the barrel and the materials used. Military weapons designed for full auto use barrels and mechanisms designed to withstand being used full auto. Civilian weapons do not and as others have now stated results in the civilian weapon failing quickly from overheating.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Military weapons designed for full auto

Just to throw this out there, and I can not speak for all nations militaries, but the basic issue weapon now for US forces are no longer full auto. The three selections are: safe, semi auto and 3 round burst. The powers that be decided that an 18 year old just spraying full rock and roll was just a waist of ammo :571b119686cf7_1(72):

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Automobile attack in London.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4958398/Car-mounts-pavement-outside-Natural-History-Museum.html

I feel for the victims, but to extend the logic, perhaps they should consider banning assault taxis in addition to acids and knives.

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I just noticed the previous topic was closed. Please feel free to delete my prior comment if you wish.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Reboot said:

I just noticed the previous topic was closed. Please feel free to delete my prior comment if you wish.

I feel your sarcasm and attitude is starting to wear thin. Yes you and everyone is entitled to an opinion but it gets to a point where statements such as ban assault taxis is becoming ridiculous. Move on from these topics and as l have said a million times gun topics or religion and or politics never end well. 

:ok:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
MikeB
Posted
Posted

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Here is an interesting story.  Some California Deputies were at the concert and when the shooting started they rushed to help. In the process they got hurt and are now applying for worker's compensation.  It was denied because they were not at work and not even in their own state.  It seems a shame there is no compensation for trained people who step up to help when there is an emergency going on.

Here is the story I refer to:

A group of Southern California law enforcement officers who rushed to save lives during a gunman's deadly rampage in Las Vegas returned home wounded but alive.

Yet, while they were hailed for their heroic efforts, there is one benefit they won't be afforded as they recover physically and psychologically from the Oct. 1 attack: workers' compensation.

Officials in Orange County on Monday denied compensation claims to four off-duty sheriff's deputies who were attending the outdoor music festival when it turned into a killing field.

The reason for the denial hinges on a state labor code, which says benefits can only be given to officers acting in "protection or preservation of life or property" specifically within the state of California.