Over 50 dead and more than 400 injured after shooting on Las Vegas Strip

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The time he was firing into the crowd has been established as between 9 and 11 minutes. There were all kinds of wild reports in the beginning but they have the timeline down now. The police didn't know if it was a hostage situation or multiple shooters or any number of possibilities. I don't think you can fault the police.  

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, MikeB said:

I'm wondering why he dragged 23 guns up to that room. I can understand the ammo but how many guns can a single person fire at a time? If a couple, few jammed he would need backups but 23? Doesn't make sense, especially since he has been described as extremely precise and meticulous. Unless he planned on others joining and they didn't show.

I don't know if it is correct, but I read a comment somewhere that this type of weapon will get hot quickly, so he might have been exchanging the weapons to let them cool. 

Still many unanswered questions.  The investigators should have been able to tell how many of those weapons were fired during the attack.

Lou49
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I don't know if it is correct, but I read a comment somewhere that this type of weapon will get hot quickly, so he might have been exchanging the weapons to let them cool. 

Still many unanswered questions.  The investigators should have been able to tell how many of those weapons were fired during the attack.

They do get hot quickly when operating in full auto. They get hot and seize up or jam, that is why he was wearing gloves in the pics. When they stop functioning you switch guns and carry on.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Drugs, evil twins bad medicine...........religious radicalism, CIA plot bad sting.

There is evil in the world he was.

I have no idea why the Philippine/Australian came back. she was under no charges or obligation to do so. Might it be she also has questions as to why.

I fear we may never know as the ass shot the only first hand witness. 

d

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Lou49 said:

They do get hot quickly when operating in full auto. They get hot and seize up or jam, that is why he was wearing gloves in the pics. When they stop functioning you switch guns and carry on.

Especially the civilian version which is not designed for full auto. Only firearms used by the military are designed and built to work at full auto.

Castaway
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gerald Glatt said:

I have no idea why the Philippine/Australian came back.

Maybe she came back for the funeral/burial of her partner? ... after all, they had been living together for a while.

Lou49
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Especially the civilian version which is not designed for full auto. Only firearms used by the military are designed and built to work at full auto.

Shooter was using a bump stock on his ”civilian version” which made it shoot “full auto” like the military version.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Lou49 said:

Shooter was using a bump stock on his ”civilian version” which made it shoot “full auto” like the military version.

Bump stocks can also cause guns to overheat. Some AR-15s have been shown to catch fire when shooting rounds in quick succession. Having multiple guns would have allowed Paddock to switch them out if one overheated.

Police have not said whether Paddock’s gun ignited, but law enforcement officials were able to locate his hotel room because gun smoke filled the room and triggered a fire alarm.

I also wonder if it is not easier to pick up a fresh, cool, loaded gun than the reload when his "bump stock" runs out of ammo.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Castaway said:

Maybe she came back for the funeral/burial of her partner? ... after all, they had been living together for a while.

Innocent or Guilty they will attempt to blame her, ridicule and demonized her because they didn't see this 'gentleman' slipping through the cracks .

Lou49
Posted
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I also wonder if it is not easier to pick up a fresh, cool, loaded gun than the reload when his "bump stock" runs out of ammo.

It takes about 4 seconds to empty a 30 round mag at full auto. At some point you have to reload if you are shooting for 10 minutes like he was. Or you would need maybe 100 or 150 fresh cool loaded guns 😳

Edited by Lou49
  • Thanks 1