Dignity in death

Gary D
Posted
Posted

As the wifes family got better off they dug the father in law up and moved him so he got two funerals.

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Gary D said:

As the wifes family got better off they dug the father in law up and moved him so he got two funerals.

Yes Gary,

I had the pleasure of paying for the same thing for the wife's Mum n Dad a few years back.

A couple of years later when visiting the family, I was the only one who could remember where in the new cemetery they are buried!

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 10/7/2017 at 8:23 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

As you mentioned before, the guy had no money, so was this some kind of charity burial or did someone come up with  enough pesos to pay for this?

Reveal hidden contents

Apparently Dave the partner whom has a good job as secretary to vice mayor was paying some insurance for them both to cover funeral expenses

. Strange as a side note during this period I was suffering bad headaches, now the fiasco is over no more, cremation must be the best alternative, sure they cannot stuff that up.....

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, RBM said:

Apparently Dave the partner whom has a good job as secretary to vice mayor was paying some insurance for them both to cover funeral expenses

So Bruce what happened to that? A St peter type thing?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

A rich person will have family who will pay for the spot for a longer period of time but the poor get a certain number of years and then go into the heap

For what its worth, we have a family plot here at the local catholic cemetery. In fact I just renewed the lease that Dave speaks of. 300 pesos a year. So when the time draws nearer I might just plop down 30k. That will give the nieces enough time to decide if their family wants to keep using it. After 100 years, no one will be around that remembers me anyway :shades:

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

So Bruce what happened to that? A St peter type thing?

Jack in my experience. St. Peters and Cosmopolitan have long term plans that one can pay on monthly over time. ahead. My husband's parents had that plan.

On a similar note, I've been attending the novena of a family member here, an older man--not immediate family though.  I was surprised to find that the coffin and accompanying setup was strictly on credit with no first down payment. I wonder how many poor folks ever are able to pay off this final amount completely, even with donations from family and others..

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Queenie O. said:

Jack in my experience. St. Peters and Cosmopolitan have long term plans that one can pay on monthly over time. ahead. My husband's parents had that plan.

As we do but according to RBM (Bruce) the GF/SO was paying an insurance, like this I would presume, so I sit and wonder why a paupers Burial was performed

51 minutes ago, RBM said:

@RBM

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

RBM,

I don't know--in spite of it being rather a fiasco I'm sure. For me it was kind of touching or poignant for me to visualize that for a man who was quite a hermit, and isolated, that in death these earnest Filipino people were trying their best to get him to that resting place, even though it was a comedy of errors. There was some dignity in that, and I hope that he rests peacefully now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, scott h said:

For what its worth, we have a family plot here at the local catholic cemetery. In fact I just renewed the lease that Dave speaks of. 300 pesos a year. So when the time draws nearer I might just plop down 30k. That will give the nieces enough time to decide if their family wants to keep using it. After 100 years, no one will be around that remembers me anyway :shades:

I don't know about that Scott-- them not remembering you after that long. Every year during All Souls Day our whole family goes to the family mausoleum and other family burial spots, and great care is taken to go over all the names and remark about any memories young and old might have about that person, with prayers all around. I'm sure that there will be a distant memory of you voiced out there.:smile:

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

Jack I was never so close to his partner, was even surprised she had a plan or insurance. Just heard this mentioned as was going to make a donation to assist. Not sure a paupers funeral as the coffin looked quite nice before being mutilated. Yes was done by St. Paul's. 

The big point I like to make is, we have to look after ourselves as we mature, food and exercise is I belive paramount. Had big Phill of listened perhaps he would still be with us.

• Thanks 2