What is happening to the Forum?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Only now? some have been doing them since the Start of the BER months, you been Sleeping too much:whistling: :smile:

I'm enjoying the drumming practice next door that starts at 7am every day. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Haha 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm enjoying the drumming practice next door that starts at 7am every day. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Apparently Davewe is also experiencing this,  I have been lucky this year so far Oooops.jpg wish I had not said that:bonk:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Why are they starting so late in the day?

Actually, over the last few years I would sometimes awake in the pre-dawn to load drumming, roll over and go back to sleep. (after 14 years here I'm fairly well culture hardened and shed the differences like a duck sheds water). But the other morn, my curiosity got the best of me and I ask the wife, "why do they start their drum practice so early? Because its the cool time of day?" I know that most people are up and about by daybreak and that's when the radios and boom box people want to share their listening pleasures with all in the neighborhood and on the other side of the nearby rice fields.

"Well honey, that's not a live practice. ( I always thought it was.) The next barangay is having another fiesta." she blithely informed me.

"Oh. OK. Now I understand."   Playing early morning  amplified recordings is the norm here,  So I was happy that they weren't scheduling major drum practice so early .I know that I'm splitting hairs here, but I take my small comforts where I find them.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

What they do is clog up the leader board and relegate more thoughtful topics to be hidden in the body of the forum,

Not wanting step on JGF's Toes in his mid thought but this I can't let go. Sorry JGF but this what the Topic is all about. YES? some will tell us the things we should do and not do and then do not think before they send. Even in private without knowing how your Forum works

:89: I think this particular member is living under a misapprehension, while Hidden in his barrel barrel.jpg I hope there is enough light to read this.    GJF went to a lot of trouble to make that leader board by introducing the reaction icons and making the forum a little more member involved.

The Owner the Boss or the Mods do not give out the points for the Leaders Board, it is not on post count but by us in member votes via those Icons, If the member wants to get on the Leaderboard I would respectfully suggest he/she Starts a topic/posts here that members like, understand and would give a like, a thanks, a laugh, a confused and even a sad vote too So my Friend whoever you are, clogging up the Leaderboard is really down to yourself just not getting on to it. I don't take offence at much but your remark was to me a little childish and uncalled for but it was never said to us on the Topic. So if you really think some of us are Diarrhea posters that is only your Opinion. some of us at least are getting the points. 

Of course we don't  expect an answer to this from you. Do we?

Again Sorry JGF but I honestly felt this one had to be answered

2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

.Stop the "diarrhoea" posters...there's a lot of them eg XXXX XXXX, XXXXXX, the XXXXX....only a fraction of their posts are worth posting.

Of course JGF did not say this it was a quote in private but now we have seen it well

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Of course JGF did not say this it was a quote in private but now we have seen it well

My point by showing everyone is that many members think different. That came from an Email possible over 4 months ago and trust me there was more in it but again I used it as an example of cant please everyone.

Just to add, that person is still a member but wont post here but says he might look in once in awhile so if he does reply so be it. 

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Ouch , I think that person or persons was on about me and my sphelling and pictures and my asking to many questions, never mind .

Anyway did anyone sea the extra large moon last night, pictures to follow, plus do eye need a licence to be able to fish over in the Philippines just like needing one here in England.:89:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 12/3/2017 at 3:46 PM, BrettGC said:

Given your blog comment Jack, I'll refrain from posting my latest trip report

Why would you  do that Brett, always find them informative and good reading.

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Why would you  do that Brett, always find them informative and good reading.

It was a bit of a good-humoured, tongue-in-cheek jab at Jack mate :mocking:  and he took it that way.

My not-blog is just about done :morning1:

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

If some member is really annoying you can always set your preferences to ignore their posts. In the almost 6 years I have been a member I think I have done this 2 or 3 times. JGF must be able to see how many people have ignored a member and can use that as input in deciding whether that person should be banned.