What is happening to the Forum?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, davewe said:

All this said it is inevitable that someone come on the forum and want to talk about the latest news, latest terrorist attack, or what famous person from our youth just died. And sometimes if it interests me I will comment.

Of course and I would be the first to do it BUt there are ways and ways we are a multinational Forumand people Forget this

earthdome
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, davewe said:

I have unfollowed a ton of my FB friends since their posts are all about the politics and social issues occurring back there. Frankly, unless it involves money (specifically my money) I don't much care.

I did the same while I was in the Philippines. It really reduces your stress and lets you refocus if you put all that baggage from your home country behind you. For some, that is one of the reasons you moved half way around the world. As the song says, just let it go. Enjoy your retirement and your new life.

Now that we have moved back to the states I find I am more exposed to all the crap news again but I have a better perspective and can laugh at most of the political and societal machinations regardless if it comes from the left/right, liberal/conservative, etc. I just really don't care unless something directly affects me or my family.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Difficult i what to say about this thread, but i do understand what Jack and a few are saying.

There are a few people who love to complain about everything and then there are a few who love to talk about everything, i love to talk.

Being not there yet all i can add is asking questions about what to maybe expect once there, plus what is happening in my life while i am not there.

Its a fine line of keeping people interested in what you are getting over to boring them , i did learn the hard way about starting a thread on world news .

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Sometimes hearing about what is going on back in our home countries makes the Philippines all that more appealing. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The past while  has been a little aggravating. We’ve see higher number of people have come and gone because of their state of mind or they simply wanted to vent and troll. At least that’s my thought. 

Anyone who joins is honestly given a chance to participate. When Chris (we still miss him) first became a member he had a hard time fitting in but turned out to become a real friend to many of us.

The rough patch we see now will soon smooth out I have no doubt because of the core group. Those of you are the real forum and always will be.

• Like 4

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Board seems fine and friendly to me. :89:

• Like 3