Manila airport baggage problem

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

In the Philippines, you can't really fire anyone.

Perhaps that is why they hire guys on motorcycles to fire AT anyone. :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

allancomeau
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 1/22/2018 at 10:54 AM, Jake said:

Remember the bullet scam at NAIA?   

Some months after the news stories came out I was flying in. Some nuns were checking in at the same time, and had wrapped boxing tape around all the outside luggage pockets and main zipper.

I had to smile at the idea that even the nuns were leery.

Edited by allancomeau
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 24/01/2018 at 2:12 AM, virginprune said:

I'm curious as to why you are flying in to Manila if your destination is Davao? I have always flown straight to Davao via Singapore from the UK.

It was based on price ,it was cheaper to go through manilla

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

It was based on price ,it was cheaper to go through manilla

OK, I understand that.

jrlee183
Posted
Posted

Thank goodness MIASCOR are losing their contract.  Their ground services/handling are a joke. 

NAIA 3 is just about bearable although the broken information screens telling you what gate your flight is departing from is beyond frustrating.  NAIA 1 is the only terminal in the world where if im travelling business I will chose to sit in starbucks over the MIASCOR contract lounge. 

I remember a number of years ago the old Singapore airlines lounge in T1 (which was actually quite nice at the time) had what the ground agents described as 'low water pressure'.  In fact, this meant absolutely no running water in the bathrooms ..... this went on for 2 years.    They left bottles of rubbing alcohol by the sink and a big tub of water that you had to carry with you to the toilet to flush it after you had done your business!   Interestingly, this is now another contract lounge which has deteriorated beyond belief!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Balisidar
Posted
Posted
On 1/24/2018 at 6:54 PM, allancomeau said:

Some months after the news stories came out I was flying in. Some nuns were checking in at the same time, and had wrapped boxing tape around all the outside luggage pockets and main zipper.

I had to smile at the idea that even the nuns were leery.

I was also flying in and out of NAIA at the time.  There were people wrapping their luggage in plastic wrap.  I was one of them.😂😁

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 1/26/2018 at 9:06 AM, jrlee183 said:

Interestingly, this is now another contract lounge which has deteriorated beyond belief!

What I can see of it is that whenever a service gets contracted out corners get cut and it goes downhill.