Am i lucky or unlucky

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

There may be something to that or it may be a load of horse manure.

Its March.  School is closing for the Philippines school "summer break".  So no school fees will be needed until May UNLESS someone has to take tests that require the past years school fees to be paid up to date, (some schools will let the kids get behind in their school fees knowing that they ain't gonna graduate until the year's fees are paid), OR if someone is graduating then there is the normal graduation party with expensive clothes and party.   I strongly suspect the former.  They could very well have been delaying paying the school fees all year and now its urgent if the kid(s) want to graduate.

I know both sisters have school fees to pay and we have been hit a few times in asking for these, but this time one of the daughters college fees is because she has failed what ever she has done and this will be the third time so there is no more college for her if she fails again, i must add that there is a boy on the scene maybe thats why they are not interested in schooling now.

Either way i am not paying for the fees or the party frock .

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Anyway did you get the 50k sent off today while the rate is good :mocking:

You ought to be on the stage with jokes like that, :hystery:.

I am waiting till it hits 150 peso to the English pound, that way they may have left school by then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

She probably already has "loans" from other family members .

Maybe had loans and that is why they will never lend, borrow or give again because they all know they may never receive it back.

How wonderful it would be if both was working and having a income coming in, but like i have mentioned in all the time i have known the family he has never work a day in his life.

Edited by stevewool
  • Like 1

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted

Tell your Wife to ask the sisters for a loan of 500,000 P as you need a operation, or you will die. Watch them get the black dresses out.  

• Like 2
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Kiwi-Alan said:

Tell your Wife to ask the sisters for a loan of 500,000 P as you need a operation, or you will die. Watch them get the black dresses out.  

Crickets..............

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

dependant.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

davewe
Posted
Posted
On 3/4/2018 at 7:01 PM, stevewool said:

My skin is so thick now after all the bullxxxx, but how do you separate the bullxxxx from the truth.

The truth is less important than you think and in fact gets you sucked in deeper. I assume that by definition most people in the Philippines need more money than they have but the truth of their situation is not relevant.

What is relevant is the truth of what you and your wife have decided you are or are not willing to give or loan. Once you have drawn the line, not for other people, but for yourselves it might become a bit easier. 

If I had a relative that hadn't spoken to my wife in 9 months because the last time I was unwilling to shell out cash, then the subject of money would be off the table - forever. But that's just me. My wife is worse; she would yell at her for the nine months until she never spoke the word peso again.

I'm not blaming you or Emma, but ultimately what you give or don't give is up to you and why or whether they are honest or complete liars is less important. Focus on the behaviors you can control (yours and your wife's) not the behaviors you cannot control. 

All this said I know it's tough and wish you guys well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, davewe said:

The truth is less important than you think and in fact gets you sucked in deeper. I assume that by definition most people in the Philippines need more money than they have but the truth of their situation is not relevant.

What is relevant is the truth of what you and your wife have decided you are or are not willing to give or loan. Once you have drawn the line, not for other people, but for yourselves it might become a bit easier. 

If I had a relative that hadn't spoken to my wife in 9 months because the last time I was unwilling to shell out cash, then the subject of money would be off the table - forever. But that's just me. My wife is worse; she would yell at her for the nine months until she never spoke the word peso again.

I'm not blaming you or Emma, but ultimately what you give or don't give is up to you and why or whether they are honest or complete liars is less important. Focus on the behaviors you can control (yours and your wife's) not the behaviors you cannot control. 

All this said I know it's tough and wish you guys well.

I can control myself but Emma loves her family no matter what it seems, 

I just say send them our love , but don't send our cash.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, stevewool said:

most people in the Philippines need more money

Yet the sister is not in the Philippines.

4 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Once you have drawn the line, not for other people, but for yourselves it might become a bit easier. 

If I was in Steve's shoes, the line was drawn when the sister became an OFW nurse, making good money.  She is the one who should be giving / loaning to the family back home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1