Boracay closure

Rooster
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Hmmmmmm but many will say they have Titles, so will the Government repay the Price paid for the land and Registras be condemned for issuing Tiles they surely must have known were useless + what ever happened to clean Titles, Did Lawyers also not know of this Little known fact that  seems has only raised its head  Now?:popcorn: My what a weird state of affairs:whistling:

Perhaps many did not know. Even Filipinos can not own land on Boracay. It's bizarre to see on some of the PI Real Estate for sale sites have Boracay property, condos, etc. for sale in the millions. 

Here is another article discussing Boracay land can not be owned. 

http://www.manilatimes.net/boracay-a-watershed-test-case-for-the-republics-rule-of-law/390795/

• Like 1

lobojohn
Posted
Posted

"I think your tone is a Little OTT. "

WHAT? the hierarchy is butt hurt? will penance be required jack? i answer them the way i see them jack. maybe you should have worded it a bit differently.

ill do my best not to crest the top in the future for the thinned skinned. pompous is one thing ive never been called.. realist , yes.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, lobojohn said:

"I think your tone is a Little OTT. "

WHAT? the hierarchy is butt hurt? will penance be required jack? i answer them the way i see them jack. maybe you should have worded it a bit differently.

ill do my best not to crest the top in the future for the thinned skinned. pompous is one thing ive never been called.. realist , yes.

Again, please use the quote button so you are replying to someone. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, lobojohn said:

pompous is one thing ive never been called.

Well now you have

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 5/17/2018 at 9:33 AM, lobojohn said:

ive personally watched as my local surveyor nonchalantly moved property markers to suit his clients request for more property and gotten away with it. 

We bought a lot to make a small piggery on. The owner's relative bought the lot next to ours, a weird, pie-slice of a lot. My wife was there one day when the surveyors arrived to redo the relative's survey. The owner moved our lot markers "just to straighten" the pie slice out, leaving us less than what we paid for. My wife jumped on that real quick and demanded our money back. Eventually, we got it.

So it would not surprise me that everyone who makes money from a land deal would "forget" that the deal cant be made in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted

Boracay Update 

May 20, 2018

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/992426/boracay-is-wild-wild-west

BORACAY ISLAND, Aklan — Describing the rampant violation of rules and laws on Boracay Island as “wild, wild West,” an official of an interagency task force revealed that only 25 of 1,080 inspected establishments (2.3 percent) on the island had permits and complied with requirements.
“I was very surprised,” Interior Assistant Secretary Epimaco Densing III told reporters here at the sidelines of the first meeting of the interagency task force on the rehabilitation of Boracay since the island’s closure to tourism on April 26.

In a report to the task force, Densing said that among the establishments and structures that were inspected, 427 were operating with no business permits, 207 lacked environmental compliance certificates, 199 had no building permits, 427 did not have fire safety certificates, 412 failed to enroll workers in Pag-Ibig, Social Security System and PhilHealth while 112 had no sewage treatment plants.

Notices

He said the establishments, including those owned by big business companies, were issued notices to comply.While most of the establishments were currently not operating due to the closure of the island to tourists, they would not be allowed to reopen if they could not meet the requirements, Densing said.

He said violators were able to operate or build their establishments even if these should not have been allowed.
The meeting, presided over by Environment Secretary Roy Cimatu, was also attended by Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III, Public Works Secretary Mark Villar, Budget Secretary Benjamin Diokno and other officials.
Densing said the proposed budget for the six-month rehabilitation of the island was P1.36 billion.
Rehab budget
These would include financial and other forms of assistance to displaced residents and workers due to the temporary closure of most establishments and the absence of tourists and the rehabilitation of the island. Diokno told the Inquirer that he would sign the release of P490 million on Friday intended for road repairs and expansion.

He was not sure, though, if the funds were part of the proposed P1.36-billion rehab budget.
The Department of Environment and Natural Resources reported to the task force that all illegal structures along the road from the Cagban port to the rotunda along the main road of Boracay had been demolished by their owners or the Department of Public Works and Highways.
At least 206 of 308 establishments violating the 30-meter beach easement had been given show cause orders, which would be followed by demolition.
Of 842 settlers on forest lands, 341 had been given eviction notices.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Rooster said:

BORACAY ISLAND, Aklan — Describing the rampant violation of rules and laws on Boracay Island as “wild, wild West,” an official of an interagency task force revealed that only 25 of 1,080 inspected establishments (2.3 percent) on the island had permits and complied with requirements.
“I was very surprised,” Interior Assistant Secretary Epimaco Densing III told reporters here at the sidelines of the first meeting of the interagency task force on the rehabilitation of Boracay since the island’s closure to tourism on April 26.

With such a high list of non conforming establishments I would think if the island opened in 6 months many business still wont be open. As for rampant violations someone or many are the blame as to how this is allowed to happen in the first place. Yes I know, look around where we are. :smile:

Rooster
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

With such a high list of non conforming establishments I would think if the island opened in 6 months many business still wont be open. As for rampant violations someone or many are the blame as to how this is allowed to happen in the first place. Yes I know, look around where we are. :smile:

It's been going on for years. I know 2 Expats who lost big money there. It's The Wild wild west for sure. Great place to visit but I would never invest 1 centavo of my money there. No checks & balances, just Invest all your money, then get ratted on,  get arrested & deported or evicted or booted off the island, then another moron takes their place, a few years later the same thing happens.

They just busted this guy. Another will likely take his place soon & same will happen to him.

https://www.untvweb.com/news/bi-nabs-american-resort-owner-in-boracay/

Clermont
Posted
Posted
On 5/17/2018 at 11:33 AM, lobojohn said:

ive personally watched as my local surveyor nonchalantly moved property markers to suit his clients request for more property and gotten away with it. 

It is done but the surveyors don't get away with it, fact. Neighbors of my wife's ancestral home tried that move thinking the brother was not interested in the house or property. So sad for them, the Barangay captain laid charges against the surveyor and the encroaching neighbor. Negotiations ongoing or tear down the house that is on their land.

Back to Boracay: read all the posts and links, there are privately owned parcels of land, whither they are complying with building regulations is another matter. :thumbsup:

• Like 2