1.4 million in fines dished out in Dumaguete

jimeve
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So I see some are getting find for breaching the anti smoking law. 

3,296 Discipline Zone Violators fined P1.05 million

DUMAGUETE CITY – At the rate of P 200.00 to P 500 per penalty, some 3, 296 discipline zone violators were slapped with the total fines amounting to P 1.04 million in the first two months of implementation covering February and May 2018.

Councilor Michael Bandal, branded by Mayor Felipe Antonio Remollo as the project czar, vowed to continue in its relentless enforcement of traffic rules from Barangay Bunao up to Robinson Dumaguete in Barangay Calindagan.

Bandal appeals to several violators, who dropped names or use their status in the community as means to defy or intimidate the enforcers, to just comply with the regulations since the project aims to restore order and discipline among motorists and pedestrians with zero tolerance.

Mayor Remollo reminded those who mock or open defy the traffic rules that no one is above the law and pointed out that even relatives including the brother of Councilor Bandal promptly paid the penalties of their violations as a show of respect to the authorities.

Based on the records, there were 1, 850 violators who were apprehended in February alone and another 1, 446 were penalized in March 2018.

The biggest number of violations involved illegal parking 1, 651 in February and 1, 315 in March; smoking in public, 179 in February and 105 in March; reckless driving 4 in February and 8 in March, jay walking 12 and littering 4 in February and 18 in March.

The violators will be paying as much as P 889, 800 for illegal parking; P 142, 000 for smoking in public; P 3, 600 for reckless driving; P 4, 800 for littering and P 600 for jay walking.

A proposed ordinance will be deliberated that will provide an increase of the fines, towing and clamping of vehicles that obstruct traffic and sidewalks. Currently the rates are P 300 for illegal parking; P 500 smoking in public, P 300 for reckless driving; P 200 for littering and P 50 for jaywalking.

https://negroschronicle.com/3296-discipline-zone-violators-fined-p1-05-million/

yep I received one this afternoon PHP200 out-side my bank asked a traffic guy can I park here yep okay he said, next day went to the exact place and received a ticket.  

jimeve
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

This all sounds great until someone borrows your car and does not tell you he/she got a parking ticket.  Could get expensive if they have a way of finding the owner of the car.  I am curious how they would do that as it is customary to buy a car and never change the registration so the plates could be registered to a guy who's been dead 10 years.

Wife paid mine this afternoon, they asked her who was the driver and told them it was me. Grass lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

Wife paid mine this afternoon, they asked her who was the driver and told them it was me. Grass lol

Foreign driver that will be 400peso sir

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

1.4 million in two months? Wow.   Could help fund the cost of a downtown city parking garage. Or a few small to medium sized ones. Or to purchase land for inexpensive uncovered parking lots.

You forgot the cost of administering the program.  Probably higher than the revenues collected.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, JJReyes said:

You forgot the cost of administering the program.  Probably higher than the revenues collected.

I doubt it but at least there is some progress in law and order. One day that will bite me on the ass Im sure. :ok:

• Haha 2

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2018 at 8:15 AM, Jack Peterson said:

:thumbsup: Providing they could find Land to purchase in or around the city. having Said that I hear that City land prices being Paid just now is around 10.000 peso sq Mtr

Seems expensive.  But Duterte secured billions in loans from the Chinese, I imagine a fraction of those funds will be dispensed to Negros region/Dumaguete for projects - just guessing. Maybe the parking lot or other solutions will be addressed then?  Thinking positive !

Edited by CoffeeRulzMe

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

Seems expensive.  But Duterte secured billions in loans from the Chinese,

It is mainly Chinese Families that are buying up City Centre Land. Seems what they want they get regardless of Cost

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

From Facebook

LTO, DUMAGUETE CITY TO BOOST DISCIPLINE ZONE

"Newly assumed Land Transportation Office Dumaguete City District Chief Alberta Janine F. Lawas committed to support the implementation of the Discipline Zone Project of the City Government following a conference with Mayor Felipe Antonio Remollo, Wednesday.

Both officials agree to work closely to address the need to impose towing or clamping on illegally parked vehicles, use of LTO rates in penalizing traffic violators, establishment of the north and south bus terminals and the deputization of discipline zone enforcers. All these measures are geared toward improving road safety and to minimize traffic congestion.

Finally, the city government may also allot a piece of land where the permanent office, impounding area and track for practical tests of drivers applying for licenses shall be located in the new government center just like the field offices other national agencies. The new LTO office and compound must ideally be spacious to better serve the clients and secure the impounded vehicles.

Lawas will write Mayor Remollo a letter-request of the equipment and other assistance that the city might be able to provide and grant."

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Luv to hear from some Dumaguete residents just what is the improvement  in driving around now.

I have found dead the city very congested and accident prone. Especially the number of idiots on motor cycles, it's great to read something at last being  done  so question is what kid of an improvement do we have.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, RBM said:

so question is what kid of an improvement do we have.

Bruce Nada at this time, as usual it is all Huff & Puff. Words come easy actions a bit Longer & when they do Act it  9/10 times creates a Bigger Problem :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1