Notice of a new ruling about burning garbage and leaf material

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Saw this post yesterday in the news about a well meaning law that will be difficult to enforce.

35919478_1787808561332881_6754901521202151424_n.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

if a officer ever try to enforce it 

who me.jpg

• Haha 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Saw this post yesterday in the news about a well meaning law that will be difficult to enforce.

Scratching Head.jpg Impossible I would have thought after so many years of Burning, Which is worse, Rubbish on the Streets attracting infested vermin or the Smoke ? Food for thought? One of our biggest Culprits in my Barangay is the Captain himself, as i walked the Dogs not long ago, there they were( his workers) Burning :ohmy:

• Thanks 1

Foreigner
Posted
Posted

Changing the hearts and minds of a people is a very slow process.  I’m old enough to remember cars (and buses), as well as factories and homes spitting out thick black smoke, and having trash just about everywhere in the US, but changes finally came only after changing the mindset of the American people.  Sure, the new law(s) in the Fils may be unenforceable but it’s a start at changing the status quo.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 6/22/2018 at 9:41 AM, Jack Peterson said:

Impossible I would have thought after so many years of Burning,

Well a lot of new laws have come in affect the past few years and they are being enforced at time and in certain areas so give it time and it will become the norm not to burn.  Look at Manila last week or so, 7000 arrested for breaking minor laws for no shirt, smoking, drinking etc.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Look at Manila last week or so, 7000 arrested for breaking minor laws for no shirt, smoking, drinking etc.

JGF I will take and agree to a point BUT you not in Manila Or in the Provinces and certainly not on Negros or Dumaguete in particular Gosh man we still do not have to wear a helmet, Now as as I see it there will have to be a lot spent to enforce these laws and it will not as far as I can see be done in the province where, It is what it is and the provinces are not going to change quickly if at all. Cities well who knows 

• Thanks 1

TunaT
Posted
Posted

There has been a law against open burning since 2000.

See Chapter Vl  Section 48 , number 3.   Also see Section 49 for penalties.

http://emb.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/RA-9003.pdf

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

In Fact, I have just walked the Dog and had a chat to our NEW Barangay captain who tells me that there will be NO complaint heard or Fines levied in this Barangay until ENRO Start to do a proper rubbish collection that they are being paid for. His Idea and I can agree with him that when central government do something for the people then the people may do something for the Government

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

JGF I will take and agree to a point BUT you not in Manila Or in the Provinces and certainly not on Negros or Dumaguete in particular Gosh man we still do not have to wear a helmet, Now as as I see it there will have to be a lot spent to enforce these laws and it will not as far as I can see be done in the province where, It is what it is and the provinces are not going to change quickly if at all. Cities well who knows 

True but I bet there was no murder law once but is now and even though many never get caught there is still an investigation. 

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, TunaT said:

There has been a law against open burning since 2000.

See Chapter Vl  Section 48 , number 3.   Also see Section 49 for penalties.

http://emb.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/RA-9003.pdf

Yeah about the same time as No smoking and wearing of helmets but................................ Laws mean nothing here as you know