Best Health Insurance ??

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Having let my medical insurance lapse, I am looking to you all to give me the best option/company to renew with and why.

I may well go back to Blue Cross but find them pretty expensive

I also want to add this info to my website for others to have the best choices

Thanks for any future advice.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

without to criticize..

Staying in good health/shape is the BEST INSUARNCE anyone can have, it reduces your risk.improves you overall quality of life (and its free)

If money is a issue .why not self insure?

policy $200 month X12= $2400 (100800 php a year)(1510 GBP)

plus philhealth 2400php.(36 GBP/ $58) which isnt much BUT its a small help.

BACK to BLUE CROSS I have read that it will cover X many days when you travel back to some 1st world countries(i am not 100%certain ok)

Stick with what you feel is best ,,,, If money issues is a concern for your insurance then,,

(You need to make some serious plans.like plan A plan B)

I have inquired on this firm (listed below) actually I HAD to go to there Office as they never replied.nor answered my emails.(typical of some rp firms),

They do offer a a good product compared to OTHERS out there, according to the site it does have coverage in Sebu

perhaps inquire on CARITAS HEALTH SHIELD

The Expanded GOLD Health Care Program is a first of its kind HMO program that limits your obligation to a five year paying period. It offers the most comprehensive Health Care program in the industry that includes, among others, the following benefits and features:

• Protects you from any premium increases through a 5-year pay plan with a level premium for 5 years.
  • A yearly increase in the Maximum Amount of Coverage per Illness and Maximum Daily Room Rate upon first installment for your medical benefits.
  • You continue to enjoy the increasing Maximum Amount of Coverage per Illness and Maximum Daily Room Rate for an additional period of 1 or 5 years after the paying period (without paying additional installment).

Ø Guarantees you the availability of a Expanded Benefit Limit for your medical benefits on the 7th or 11th year and onwards.

• Build your Expanded Benefit Limit through a guaranteed 5% yearly increment. However, if you do not avail of any of the Medical Expense Benefits during the entire paying period, the Expanded Benefit Limit increases by 8%.
  • You can charge the Medical Expense Benefits incurred by an immediate family member to the Expanded Benefit Limit on the 7th or 11th year and onwards.
  • Your responsive Medical Expense Benefits Package composed of:

ü
Hospitalization Benefits

ü
Emergency Care and

ü
Special Diagnostic and Laboratory Procedures

• Your all-inclusive Membership Privileges Package composed of

• Outpatient Services
  • Annual Phyical Examination
  • Preventive Health Care
  • Dental Care
  • Other Services, and

• You have a Four-Way Comprehensive Insurance Package,
  • Plus a host of additional features that includes among others:

• Coverage of Pre-existing Illness
  • Additional Benefits during the 7th or 11th year and onwards
  • Provisions on transfer and assignment
  • Grace Period and
  • Plan Termination Values.

Membership in
Caritas Health Shield
assures you of a nationwide, round-the-clock health protection made possible by a young and growing HMO Company owned and managed by eminent physicians and business professionals in consortium with a
nationwide medical services
network of health care providers numbering more than 361 hospitals, 192 clinics and laboratories, 7,074 doctors and 472 dentists.

It also makes available to you, accessible, convenient and customer friendly laboratory, diagnostic and medical services of our very own
caritastext.gif
nationwide network of over forty (40) clinics.

Through the Caritas Expanded Health Care Program, you will be able to do more than just provide for your present health needs; you will be securing your future health requirements as well.

http://www.caritashe...roduct_gold.php

caritashealthshield.com.ph/contactus.php

for those that are so concerned about money this offers Plan Termination Values.. so you maybe able to get some of your money back.

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 5

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
why not self insure?

Call me Bubba is correct. Self insure is good option if you are reasonably healthy and you have sufficient cash reserves in the event it is needed. One item that should not be neglected, whether insured or uninsured, is preventive maintenance. After you are 55 years and older, routine medical screening is important. If there is no history of colon cancer in your family, 55 years is the recommended age for your first colonoscopy.

• Like 4

MikeB
Posted
Posted (edited)

"Self-insure" is certainly an option, I disagree that it's a good one. Even though medical care is far cheaper here a major medical event would still wipe a lot of people out financially. I was in excellent health in 2011 but I had a medical emergency in Cebu that cost the equivalent of about $30,000. Insurance paid almost every penny and there was no increase at renewal, cost was exactly the same. I can have a very high risk tolerance for just me but there are others involved. I believe most of the people who "self-insure" and have a major medical problem probably become a burden on others. To the topic, I (and wife) also have BC, I don't know if it's the best but I'm not considering changing.

Edited by MikeB
  • Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Self Insure? Both sides of the argument (discussion?) are correct! If you are to self-insure, make sure you have enough in savings to cover any major medical emergencies. For many of us, this may not be an option. And may of us would prefer to know that they are covered without worrying about their savings. This is something we all need to decide for ourselves.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
I was in excellent health in 2011 but I had a medical emergency in Cebu that cost the equivalent of about $30,000. Insurance paid almost every penny and there was no increase at renewal, cost was exactly the same.

Are you insured under TriCare, Aetna, Bupa or similar insurance system?

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I was in excellent health in 2011 but I had a medical emergency in Cebu that cost the equivalent of about $30,000. Insurance paid almost every penny and there was no increase at renewal, cost was exactly the same.

Are you insured under TriCare, Aetna, Bupa or similar insurance system?

Blue Cross of Philipines

• Like 1

Duma
Posted
Posted

I have Caritas Health Sheild Expanded Gold Coverage. I joined up 3 years ago and paid around 168,000php in full no installment......which covers me for 10 yrs.....You have to be under the age of 65 to join.

I have never had a need to make a claim (thankgod) so I can't tell you the good or the bad with this insurance company......hopefully I never have too.

But it is a good piece of mind to know that I do have medical insurance.

There is one thing they do offer in the Gold coverage is that at any time you can transfer your coverage over to a ill family memeber and they will be covered.......but that family memeber can never transfer the insurance policy back to you.

Koala

• Like 4

MikeB
Posted
Posted (edited)
I have Caritas Health Sheild Expanded Gold Coverage.

Thanks for the information. As you said, it's hard to evaluate these companies until you have a claim and consumer reviews are few and far between in the Philippines. Their web site is very limited, do you know if the major hospitals in Cebu City are accredited with this company and what is the maximum yearly claim limit for your policy?

Edited by MikeB
  • Like 2

Duma
Posted
Posted

post-2181-0-04030300-1346972989_thumb.jp

I don't know if you will be able to read their rates on this attachment......but it depends on what age your are and the range of years you want coverage. If you can't read it I can send it to the forum and a moderator can sort it out.

Also I'm not advertising their insurance policy so the moderators can decide if this is ok to show here

• Like 3