Best Health Insurance ??

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I don't know if you will be able to read their rates on this attachment......but it depends on what age your are and the range of years you want coverage. If you can't read it I can send it to the forum and a moderator can sort it out.

It shows fine; there are lots of options, you would need the brochure to compare them, but this is a start. They are using max limit per illness, not yearly. Thanks.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I know a person who self insured and it wiped out his savings. He had a broken arm the doctor he originally saw messed up his treatment. This Doctor would not admit liability or re-treat him. He ended up paying another hospital to put it right. He is now living in poverty here. I have BC and all 3 of us are on it and for the year it does not work out that much for peace of mind. At the moment I am fit and healthy but it only takes a trip or a fall to really be in the need of medical treatment which can take all of your money. Any insurance is better than none at all.IMHO

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Even if you can afford to self insure and are healthy I would recommend at minimum a health insurance policy with catastrophic or major medical that provides coverage just in case something big and expensive occurs.

• Like 3

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
I know a person who self insured and it wiped out his savings. He had a broken arm the doctor he originally saw messed up his treatment. This Doctor would not admit liability or re-treat him. He ended up paying another hospital to put it right.

Perhaps its time to spilt this topic into...

HOW TO FIND or SELECT a Good health care provider?

How would one select a good health care provider?

word of mouth?

embassy web site?

major hospital referral?

brand name clinic?(healthway , Friendly care ,Medical city, for metro manila)

one who has had training overseas in 1st world setting?

online website search?

( http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhemer.html

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/299618/dellutajc/2009%20List%20of%20Hospital%20and%20Physician.pdf

www.rxpinoy.com/

www.thefilipinodoctor.com/index.php

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

One thing to remember is that if you self insure you have to pay the whole bill. The person who broke his arm and then had to have it put right. He was in Hospital and 5 different doctors visited him over the few days he was there. Then he gets a bill for 5 different consultations which would not happen if it was through an insurance company as they would not let the hospital rip them off. I know this to be true as a very good friend as well as the person who was the patient both told and I trust them both.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
ceejoy17
Posted
Posted

Having let my medical insurance lapse, I am looking to you all to give me the best option/company to renew with and why.

I may well go back to Blue Cross but find them pretty expensive

I also want to add this info to my website for others to have the best choices

Thanks for any future advice.

I currently have a Kaiser Healthcare Card wherein I contribute for 5 years and covers me for life. It's a 5-in-1 program benefits.

a. savings account - grows 10% annually

b. retirement - matures after 15yrs. since the start of program (5 years to save + 10 years to wait for growing the money)

c. life insurance - add on benefit

d. accident insurance - add on benefit

e. Lifetime Health Care - 50yrs, 60yrs., x years. Still covered by kaiser.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
I currently have a Kaiser Healthcare Card wherein I contribute for 5 years and covers me for life. It's a 5-in-1 program benefits.

Do you know if this Kaiser Healthcare Card is affiliated with the Kaiser Permanente Healthcare in Hawaii and California or is it an independent group?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Do you know if this Kaiser Healthcare Card is affiliated with the Kaiser Permanente Healthcare in Hawaii and California or is it an independent group?

Sorry JJR - they are a different group. This is Kaiser International Health Group Inc.and they state right on their main page that they are not affiliated. I'm going to do a little research into them once I get time.

• Like 2

ceejoy17
Posted
Posted

Here's the main webpage of kaiser healthcare, JJR. http://www.kaiserhealthgroup.com/

If you want to know more about the said healthcare, they have an office located in JY Square Mall in Lahug and in Lapu2x as well.

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks ceejoy17 for the information. Yesterday was the first day for the Hawaii Seniors Fair. Several who came to our booth asked about medical insurance (hospital care) in the Philippines. The package we are offering for assisted living and skilled nursing care already includes visits by a medical doctor twice a month. If thre are a sufficient number of international seniors going to the Phiippines, my colleagues and I plan to negotiate group rates within insurance companies or directly with hospitals.

Edited by JJR
  • Like 1