Retired British Cop, Live-In Partner Shot Dead In Their House

MikeB
Posted
Posted

"Agnew said he went home around 6 a.m. and noticed that the front door of their house was forcibly opened But I did not pay much attention [to it] for I thought that David had lost his key and made that to open the door. I went straight to my room and slept,” he said.". That doesn't add up. You would think that a door being "forcibly opened" would be enough to at least check with the other occupant. I bought 2 door sensor alarms that go off at 130 decibels if either door is opened. Cost was about 1500p for both. Might not have prevented this but sure as hell wouldn't hurt.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I looked on ebay.com here in the US and searched door alarm. Many different available and costs about $3 USD and up and can be used on doors and windows. Stick on type and door wedge type. Makes sense and is cheap enough to buy and throw in the suitcase! Or as an alternative..... for those looking for a girl friend...... perhaps use the local security companies as a dating service???? Huh? how about that idea! Start dating armed Pinays and just have them bring their gun(s) with them all the time.(on duty, protecting you) I am not too sure of the laws, but if she can legally own / carry one, can she own two? Keep one in the house (yours of course) and one for her job. I can see the wheels spinning in your heads..... Thinking about sending the wife down to the local security company for more information, hehehehehe

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I believe :lol: that the answer to this, and many or most of the killings of foreigners, is that we are already seen as rich, so those who go into business, or invest in businesses, or loan money to anyone, or are too flashy, or or or, may put their lives at risk. Door alarms are a great idea IMHO, so MikeB brought up a great point and Bruce has followed up on it. I have seen them in dollar stores here in the US, but never checked the actual price, but I may buy some for our condo, since the sliding doors has always been a concern for me, if they should happen to have a spiderman type hitting high rise buildings. As for guns, any Filipino citizen can own them, so a gf or a wife can buy and keep one in the house, my big concern on that would be with anyone who is not trained in proper use and safety of owning and handling a gun, and also a person better trust their lady a lot, and make sure she does not have a bad temper, before having a gun in the home, and then of course comes the children issue, please be careful if you have children in the home, to keep the firearm unavailable to them. As for security guards, many turn the company gun over to the next on shift, and those that have their own guns and take them home must unload them and put them in a backpack or something of that nature, so I have been told, but I am not sure if that applies to all. Maybe someone else can comment on it.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Follow up to this story HERE, seems it might have been an American who killed them. :thumbsup: Sure would add a different twist to this story if it is not related at all the his business or his gf.