Renting Vs Buying In The Philippines

Garpo
Posted
Posted

Many people have thought they had purchased investment properties at rock bottom prices only to find out that the market was far from being at the bottom. There are people now just walking away form their rental properties because they can not rent them out and they can not sell them in the present market. I don't have the post but it was not to long ago that a member posted houses and condos that were selling for a low as $10,000. in different parts of the US. These were all properties that were bank owned and the owners had just walked away because they had no other choice.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

You can always choose your friends BUT not your neighbours. Renting is the best option til you have decided where you want to live your life out fully, the best example(on this forum) is ART2RO, he did the homework . When renting, you may have issues, especially with some "BOZO" (other word i wanted to use would been banned)coming to you w/his AK-47, So if you dont like it, Just move , simple,

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
You can always choose your friends BUT not your neighbours. Renting is the best option til you have decided where you want to live your life out fully,the best example(on this forum) is ART2RO, he did the homework . When renting, you may have issues, especially with some "BOZO" (other word i wanted to use would been banned)coming to you w/his AK-47, So if you dont like it, Just move , simple,
Thanks for the plug Ed, but really each to their own! We were just fortunate to buy at the right time at a desirable location! Things just happened to work out for us! We didn't really get to build what we wanted, but what we did have built will do! It's just too late in the game to start all over again and have another home built, sell the first and then move in into the new! That would take too long and alot more money nowadays to do, because the cost of materials and labor has just gone up too much and priced the home we wanted out of our reach! Anyway, we are still "Happy Campers', for now!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

There are other income sources that can be explored and I will start a new topic so we can discuss them. I had been a landlord of commercial property and found it to be much less trouble than housing rentals, so that is an option to look into. With small strip stores usually the tenant is responsible for most of the issues except for the roof and existing electric service. I personally would not wish to be a landlord ever again and it did require me to continually show my face to get issues resolved. Then their is tax returns having to be done by someone with some knowledge of tax issues and which includes depreciation and other factors. Not for me but each will make their own choices.

Jake
Posted
Posted
You can always choose your friends BUT not your neighbours. Renting is the best option til you have decided where you want to live your life out fully,the best example(on this forum) is ART2RO, he did the homework . When renting, you may have issues, especially with some "BOZO" (other word i wanted to use would been banned)coming to you w/his AK-47, So if you dont like it, Just move , simple,
Thanks for the plug Ed, but really each to their own! We were just fortunate to buy at the right time at a desirable location! Things just happened to work out for us! We didn't really get to build what we wanted, but what we did have built will do! It's just too late in the game to start all over again and have another home built, sell the first and then move in into the new! That would take too long and alot more money nowadays to do, because the cost of materials and labor has just gone up too much and priced the home we wanted out of our reach! Anyway, we are still "Happy Campers', for now!
Hey guys, One of the first area to canvas upon my arrival there, is to visit Santa Rosa, Laguna. More than likely justto rent for several months until either I'm accepted or my neighbors turns out to be "neighborly" as well. Don't worry, I'll leave my weapon behind but will piss against your wall to mark my territory....he, he. Respectfully -- Bozo
  • Like 1