Another American Finds Himself In Trouble

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

This reminds me of something I read about with Angeles City bars being raided. The authorities have been raiding places on complaints of underage girls working. Seems these girls have to have multiple forms of identification to work at the bars. These permits and health certificates are local government issue. Yet they still arrest the establishment owner or whoever they feel like and charge them with trafficking minors. Many use ID from older relatives or friends. A few years ago I visited a friend staying in the Makati Palace Hotel on Burgos Street. The hotel is right in the middle of the Makati Red Light district. At the entrance, security would check ID of all women going into the hotel. If they were a guest of a guest, the girl was required to hand over some form of identification to show they were 18+. I talked to a guard about the policy and they said it was in response to a criminal complaint / setup a while back. So they do their best to keep out the underage and protect guests. Of course protects the hotel a bit from shake downs to. The guard I talked to would sometimes ask the girl questions about her ID. Many could not even answer the correct month on the ID for their birth date!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
How about the part of Under 12 OR anyone 10+ years their junior? Is it OR or is it AND?
Putting the whole thing in context, it is the child protection act and defines a child as someone under 18 or someone who is mentally unable to fully take care of themselves , so I believe the 10 year part comes into play if the girl is under 18, since the first part speaks to under 12. If they were referring to women 10 years our junior, then most of us would be in trouble.